6 : The Herald To The Apotheosis

The herald to the apotheosis, forsooth!

-----

'Agastya', this word, in literary sense connotates to a sagacious and sapient one, who has such strong, a charisma, that it can compel even mighty mountains to pledge allegiance to the former. Or simply, promulgated - 'a mountain thrower'!

Agastya, after the successful execution of his plan of making the Swadeshis escape from the 'Purono Pulish Thana' was now more focused on the future plans.

Very keenly, Agastya was seated in front of the transistor, while skimming through some old documents. Perhaps, Agastya's heart wanted to hear some 'good news' whereas Agastya's mind did not want to squander time.

Agastya's luck was pretty good, this time - For the transistor spoke out, "The court trial, lead by the eminent Barrister Nilambar Mukherjee, has done wonders. It has been proved that the officials were guilty of the untimely demise of the Swadeshi. It cannot be precisely stated about the mishandler now, for the government is still stuck at saying that it was a mishap. However, the head of the British Police in the estate, the Ray Bahadur Mr. Devendranath Bannerjee, has apologized for mishandling. However, on the other hand, this case has done wonders. Other than doing justice to the Indians, it has given a new dimension to the investigations. It questions the reason of the untimely death of the late Governor, Mr. Thomas George. We will return after a short break. Till then, stay tuned!"

'The latter portion deserves limelight. But, I'm sure the jury has given the verdict against their own British government because they fear what if they get trampled by the force of the Indians! Perhaps, they feared that the people in this Governor-devoid land, might turn unruly. What if a few more of the British Adjoinments get burnt off, just like the 'Purono Pulish Thana'. What if the large number did Indians, after having fanned by the so-called terrorists, like us, attack the meagre number of British officials here' Agastya thought, flinching the face in disgust.

After the break, the transistor went on announcing, "This is a major break through that we have received, just now! This is a breaking news! Due to certain circumstances the British government has decided to prepone the date from which Sir Oscar Dankworth would be taking over. It has been decided that Mr. Dankworth would take charge on the second day from today. We would keep updating you with the major break through in the news all along. Stay tuned!"

'HOLY HELL!' Agastya exclaimed. 'Things have to be decided fast, very, very, fast!'

--------

Perhaps, Nilambar's views coincided with that of Agastya. Despite fighting the case with all his might, he had deeply harboured doubts whether he would be able to win the case. The final hearing was held in the morning. That was when, Nilambar was informed about the results. And, in the evening, the news was being announced on Radio. Perhaps, tomorrow, the news would be on the English newspapers as well. The English newspapers were sort of a great help, though!
The newspapers did support even the wrong doings of the government but, on the wood, keep the people updated with the news.

-----

In the late evening, when she heard a couple of knocks on her door, Suhashini Bannerjee hurriedly relocated all her items at their usual places and quickly cleared the bed off the hundreds of scattered papers that she had been skimming through since the afternoon. She put things back into their original places, dusted off the dirt that had probably fallen from the old papers. She covered her bare head with the white cloth, which had been idly laying on the bed, all this while. Suhash had somehow managed to regain the composure of her countenance and the demeanor of her room, as she tugged on to the side of her veil to keep it at place for she was unaware of the identity of the arrival at such odd, a time.

She opened the door and found none other than, one of her mates, standing there.

"Ohh, you!" Suhash exclaimed.

"What else did you think?" The new arrival asked. "Shakchunni?" Saying this the visitor cocked her eyes towards her nose, in attempts of imitating 'Shakchunni'.

"Shoilo! What a tease you've become!" Suhash gasped, half giggling, and half concentrating on pulling Shoilo's ear.

"Ouch! Ouch! It's hurting! Didimoni!" Shoilo laughingly screamed.
(In Bengali, 'Didimoni' refers to 'Madame')

"Paka meye!" Suhash exclaimed, jokingly.
(In Bengali, 'Paka meye' describes an 'oversmart girl', though here Suhash calls Shoilo that, jokingly)

"Anyways, why are you late? I had thought you won't come...." Suhash asked Shoilo.

"Not one single reason. A couple of reasons," Saying this Shoilo jumped on to Suhash's bed and continued speaking while laying down. "I went to Shashi Mashi's place and next...."

Suhash walked up to her bed and laid on it, beside Shoilo, facing her, "Next?"

"DIDIMONI!!" Shoilo almost screamed out. "Ray Bahadur Devendranath Bannerjee has given the lease to the heads of the government in the estate to conduct secret meetings in the basement, where ammunition was being kept earlier," Shoilo blurted out "Even during his absence from the residence!"

"WHAT?" Suhash sprang up from the bed, "Why didn't you tell this to me all this while?"

"I was going to but I didn't expect them to come so soon," Shoilo said, her eyes, burning. "While I was coming here, I had faintly heard your father's right hand man agree into a denial of a meeting today. But now..." Shoilo pointed her finger towards the open window.

Police jeeps. And, police officers.

"I guess I am the only one from the family in the house," Suhash let out.
"Probably," Shoilo replied. "You're the only family member present."

Suddenly, Shoilo left her seat and began to head towards the door.

"Where?" Suhashini asked.

"To call them!" Shoilo replied.

"You would leave, certainly! But not to summon them. You would straightaway move to Shashi Devi's house, again!"

"But you're alone now!" Shoilo argued, emphasizing on the word a bit too carefully and cautiously.

"Everyone is destined to be so, my love
"

"BUT---"

"No arguments. Run," Suhash emphasized, "LEAVE SHOILO....through the back door!"

Suhash had murmured something to herself, her countenance regaining the composure.

-----

The next chapter would unveil the mystery about the identity of Agastya!
Happy Reading!