I. Real Mature

Benny groaned while stepping out of his father's beat up car. It's not like he was happy to move, when he was living in Colorado, he had everything he'd needed: good grades, friends, and just enough popularity to get him through school. Now, he'd have to live in Hawkins, Indiana. It was a very small, quiet town with nothing ever happening.

    When walking into the house, the smell of sawdust overcame him. The house was very empty, the unpainted walls were visibly made of wood. Benny wondered how much money his parents would have to spend on renovation, if they even decided to. He huffed, looking at his small sized room, seeing his little living space.

  "Benny!" His mom called, "Come help with the boxes!"

     Benny shoved his hands in his pockets and exited the room disappointedly.

  When Benny had gotten to school, he was shown around by the principal, who was touring a red headed girl along with him. They were lead to their first class which happened to be together.

   "Ahh. These must be our new students." The mustached teacher in the front of the room beamed. Before Benny could walk to one of the two open seats, the man held his arm out, stopping him, "Not so fast, you don't get away that easy. Come on up, don't be shy." Benny backed up to face the class, standing next to the girl again. "Dustin, drum roll." The curly headed boy in the front of the room shut his open book and rapidly tapped his hands on it. "Class, please welcome, all the way from Colorado and California, the latest passengers to join us in our curiosity voyage, Maxine and Benny." He said enthusiastically.

    Benny gave a brief smile to the class and moved to sit down in a seat. Max, however, corrected the man on her name, "Its Max."

  "Sorry?"

    "Nobody calls me Maxine. It's Max"

  "Ah. Well, all aboard, Max." Mr. Clarke, Benny had learned his name from the name tag on his desk, motioned for Max to sit down. She sighed when she sat behind Benny, throwing her bag down next to her.

    They were about halfway through the class when Benny felt something hit the back of his head. He rubbed the spot, then he looked to see what hit him, noticing a crumpled peace of paper behind his desk. He glared at Max and picked it up. He slowly and quietly opened up the paper, flattening it on his desk. The note read: move your head, i can't see shit.

   Benny reached his hand behind his desk, flipping her off.

    Seeing as they were both new, Max and Benny's lockers were right next to each other. So when both went to put their books back, they were forced to interact. When Benny's locker was opened, Max opened hers, putting her locker door in Benny's way. He glared at her and shut her door.

    "Real mature, Benjamin," she mocked.

  "Ditto, Maxine," he shot back. Max rolled her eyes and grabbed her skateboard that had somehow fit in her locker. Then, just as he'd done to her earlier, she flipped him off while walking away.

   When Benny got through with all of his classes, he walked outside with the intention of going home.

  "What are you guys doing?" Benny asked the group of boys who were standing behind a fence, watching Max who was skateboarding.

    "Uh- um, trying to learn how to skateboard?" The curly haired boy Benny had learned was Dustin said, sounding more like he was trying to convince himself of it.

  "Right," Benny nodded his head suspiciously, turning around before they could say anything else. Benny had passed Max and was on his way away from the school until her skateboard touched the back of his heel. He turned around to see her getting up off the floor, meaning that she'd just fallen over."Bravo," he clapped his hands sarcastically.