VIII. Girlfriend?

This summer, the new mall in Hawkins became the place to be, hence why Benny, Lucas, Will and Max were there, expecting to see Mike.

   "What time did he say he would be here?" Benny groaned, adding to the list of complaints that came from the four.

    "He should've been here 20 minutes ago," Will checked his watch again.

   "Maybe he just hasn't checked the time," Max excused him.

   "Or maybe he just forgot about us," Lucas folded his arms across his chest.

   "I didn't forget about you guys!" Mike tiredly exclaimed once he rode his bike close enough for them to hear.

   "Well you're late," Lucas lead the four over to him.

   "Sorry!" Mike climbed off of his bike hurriedly.

   "We're gonna miss the opening," Will complained, referring to the movie they came to see.

    "Yeah, if you guys keep whining about it. Lets go!"

  "If you guys keep whining about it," Lucas mocked childishly.

   Mike turned him around and slung an arm around his shoulder, "Just please stop talking, dude."

   "Let me guess, you were busy," Lucas smacked his lips to imitate kissing noises. Benny snickered at the boy making Max elbow him.

   "Oh, yeah, real mature, Lucas," Mike rolled his eyes.

   "Oh El, I wish we could make our forever, and never hang out with any of our friends," Lucas mocked yet again.

    "Or better yet, we could just run away and never look back for a second, and never even think about our friends," Benny added on with a grin making Will snort.

  "Benny, stop," Max scolded, hitting the back of his head lightly.

   "Will thinks it's funny," Benny looked at her in disbelief with a shake of his head.

  "Because it is," Will laughed out.

  "Yeah, it's so funny that I want to spend romantic time with my girlfriend."

   "I'm spending romantic time with my girlfriend," Lucas mocked, grabbing Benny's arm to pull him next to him and put an arm around his shoulders, making kissing noises in his face.

"Ew, get off," Benny shrugged his arm off and pushed his head away. The five hurried down the escalator, murmuring 'sorry's to the people they had to lightly push past. Once they got off of the escalator, Mike stumbled into a group of girls.

   "Hey, watch it!" One of the girls warned him. Another girl kept a shameless gaze on Benny as he grinned at her making Max yank his arm.

   "Yeah, watch it, nerd!" A voice called out to Lucas. It was his sister, Erica, sitting with her friends and eating ice cream.

   "Isn't it past your bed time?"

  "Isn't it time you died?" Erica shot back.

   "Psycho!"

  "Buttface!"

   "Mall rat!"

  "Fart face!" The two blew raspberries at each other making Benny turn Lucas around by grabbing his shoulder.

   "Now that was mature," Max mocked while rolling her eyes. They ran to catch up to Will and Mike who'd already entered the new ice cream shop; Scoops Ahoy. Mike walked up to the counter and rang the bell impatiently.