III. True Sight

While Mr. Clarke was in the front of the room talking about Phineas Gage, Dustin barged into the room, throwing the door open in a rush.

   "At the time, this was known as the American Crowbar case. Although it wasn't-" Mr. Clarke looked over to the door, stopping mid sentence.

   "I am so sorry, Mr. Clarke. Really,  I'm so sorry. Please continue with the class." Dustin panted out while struggling to hurriedly take off his backpack. "Don't mind me. Really, continue, please," he whispered out when he finally was able to sit down.

  "Although it wasn't a crowbar, it was a rod, as I said," Mr. Clarke continued, but Benny's focus transitioned to Dustin whispering to the other three boys around him, although he couldn't quite tell what he was saying.

    Once he finished, all four leaned back and Dustin turned around, "AV Club. Lunch."

     "Me? Or her?" Benny whispered back, a lot more subtly.

  "Dustin!" Mr. Clarke made Dustin face the front of the room again.

"Yes my lord?" Dustin quickly responded. Benny coughed to cover up his laugh.

"Would you care to join the class now?" The man pressed.

   "Please, yes," Dustin nodded while reaching into his bag.

"The case of Phineas Gage," Mr. Clarke informed him.

   "Phineas Gage," Dustin repeated.

  "Page 104."

    "104. 104."

  "Focus."

    "Focusing," Dustin pulled out his book, opening it. He then turned around again, "AV club. Both of you." Benny gave him the 'ok' sign mockingly. Once, Benny assumed, Dustin got confirmation from the girl behind him, he smiled with a thumbs up and turned around.

   "-And he began to curse, using terrible words that I don't dare repeat here." Yet again, Benny's attention was caught again when he could've sworn that he heard a noise coming from Dustin's bag, the curly headed boy quickly leaning down to zip it up.

-
Dustin opened the trap that was apart of his ghostbusters Halloween costume. The 6 of them had met in the AV room as planned. They stood around the table and peered in to see some sort of creature crawling around. Benny realized that this was the noise he heard in Dustin's bag.

"His name is d'Artagnan," Dustin picked the 'thing' up out of the trap. "Cute, right?"

"D'Artagnan?" Mike questioned the name.

"Dart for short," Dustin simplified for them.

"And he was in your trash?" Max asked from beside Benny.

"Foraging for food," Dustin smiled. "You wanna hold him?"

"No, no," Max tried to deny him.

"He doesn't bite," Dustin tried to reassure, not even listening to Max's protests.

"I don't want to-" Dustin had already placed Dart in Max's hands. "Oh, God he's slimy!"

Max handed Dart off to Benny, "Ew what the hell?!"

Dart was passed to Lucas, "Ugh, he's like a living booger."

Lucas reached across the table to give Dart to Will, "Ugh, oh God."

Unlike the others, when Mike was given Dart, he calmly held him in his hands, examining him. "What is he?" Mike asked while looking into Dart's eyes.