XVI. Summer of '69

the first few paragraphs are kinda  rushed, sorry lol
——————————————————————
"Shit! Come on! Wake up!" Eddie huffed as he preformed CPR on the unconscious boy below him. As Jason pulled Patrick's body out of the lake, Eddie had to climb back onto the boat and pull Benny up.

    Benny sat up as he coughed out the water that was in his lungs and Eddie let out a relieved sigh. Eddie then grabbed an oar from the water and began to row, "Damn cops are on their way."

     Eddie brought them to shore and dragged Benny along with him to find somewhere to sleep. By midnight, the two boys had made it to the infamous Skull Rock in order to hide for the night. Eddie tried to use his walkie talkie to talk to Dustin, but it was broken due to the water that it made contact with.

Eddie, who was still paranoid, hid himself under the rock as he slept while Benny had barely gotten three hours of sleep while he leaned against the uncomfortable rock.

   The older of the two was quick to wake up the next morning. He then proceeded to wake Benny up, now fearing the feeling of being alone. Eddie explained the plan that he came up with to steal a supercomm from a nearby construction site to a tired Benny before leaving to execute it.

    Benny sat against the rock until Eddie returned with a victorious grin as he held up the supercomm as if it were a trophy.

  "All hope is not lost," he grinned. "As long as Henderson's on the other end, we don't have to live our lives as fugitives."

  Eddie tossed the device over to Benny, who caught it, "Henderson, you there? Max? Lucas? Anyone?"

    "Benny. Holy shit. Are you okay?" Dustin responded quickly and Eddie threw his arms up excitedly.

"I think I've been better," Benny shook his head. "We've been better," he corrected himself as he looked up at Eddie.

    "Eddie's there? He's safe?"

  "Yeah, yeah he's safe."

  "Where are you?" Max queried, snatching the device out of Dustin's hands.

"Do you know Skull Rock?" Benny grinned upon hearing the girl's voice.

   "That's near.. Cornwallis and-" Dustin was cut off by another voice that was unintelligible. "Hold tight. We're coming." Benny shut the antenna of the supercomm and placed it on the ground as Eddie took a seat next to him.

"Can we just, like, keep the whole drowning thing between me and you?" Benny turned his head to Eddie.

"Don't want your girlfriend to worry?" Eddie grinned.

     "Friend," Benny corrected sternly and Eddie bit his lip to prevent his grin from widening.

  The two boys sat in silence for a while, both of them lost in their thoughts while they waited. Every once in a while, one of them would create small talk, but they were quiet for the most part.

   "Here it is, Henderson. Skull Rock! In your face, man. In your stupid, cocky, little face," a familiar voice became louder as the bushes around them rustled.

   "It doesn't make sense," Dustin breathlessly spoke.

"Yeah, yeah. Even with it staring you in the face, you can't admit it. You just can't admit that you're wrong, you little butthead," Steve emerged from the bushes with Dustin behind him and Benny heard Eddie let out a breath of relief from beside him.

   "I concur. You, Dustin Henderson, are a... total butthead," Eddie stood up with a grin.

"Jesus, we thought you were a goner," Dustin embraced Eddie in a tight hug. From behind Steve, Nancy, Robin, Max, and Lucas made their ways towards the open area.