xiii. THOUGHTS

WARRIOR!
( chapter thirteen )

FEBRUARY 18, THE day after the twin's birthday, Piper and Ingrid had another training session. With her quick wit and natural talent, their latest sessions have mostly been filled with talking and catching up. They were friends; good friends at that.

The two were sparring, and as always it begins fierce with passion to win. Though the more that Ingrid began to think, the more halfhearted her strikes were. She thought about Rachel, and how much she adored her. But that lead her to think about Casey, and how bad she feels keeping her love life away from him.

   After awhile, Piper noticed and stopped. "Okay, what's going on? Let's talk." She said, and promptly sat down.

   "Huh? No, I'm fine, let's keep going." Ingrid said, bouncing on the balls of her feet.

   "Bullshit. Sit down." Piper said, tugging on Ingrid's arm. Ingrid sighed, and reluctantly sat across from the girl. "Spill."

Ingrid shrugged. "I don't know. I don't like sneaking around Casey."

"What do you mean?" Piper asked, tilting her head to the side.

"Casey doesn't know about Rachel. He still thinks I'm into you. I mean, there's nothing really going on for both fronts, but still. I feel bad." Ingrid said, already knowing what Piper would say.

   "Just tell him. What's the worst that could happen?" Piper said and Ingrid pulled her legs toward her chest, feeling the memories flood back to her.

   "I hid my sexuality from my mom because I knew she wouldn't accept it. I felt awful knowing that she would hate me the second she knew. And when she found out, my worst fears came true. I don't want to hide, but I feel like I have to. I don't want to be hated for who I am." Ingrid said, and Piper nodded.

   "I'm so sorry, Ingrid. But you know that Casey could never hate you, right? I mean, he's your twin. Let him be there for you." She said, and Ingrid sighed.

   "I know."

   "Plus he's the most accepting person ever. There's nothing he wouldn't love about this whole situation." Piper added.

   "Well yeah. I don't know. I'm just more reserved because of what happened in the past. I don't want that to happen again." Ingrid said, pulling her legs closer to her. Piper gave her a small smile.

   "It won't."

   Ingrid gave her a small smile back. "I'll figure it out. I promise."

   "You better! It's Casey for God's sake! Your twin, your brother, your family. Whatever happens it'll be okay." Piper said, standing up. She held out a hand for Ingrid, and she took it, getting pulled up. "You'll be okay, Ingrid."

   Ingrid nodded. "Thanks, Piper."

   "Of course. Back to it?" She said, and Ingrid grinned, and the two jumped back into practice.

AUTHOR'S NOTE
short chapter but it was all i had
planned lol, but hope you enjoyed!