ii. STAY SERIOUS

WARRIOR!
( chapter two )

"ANNABETH, WHAT THE hell happened? We saw you like two seconds ago and everything was fine!" Casey called out as him and Ingrid jogged over to Annabeth and Rachel. Quickly, he scooped Piper into his arms, grunting at the sudden wait, but nevertheless continuing on toward the Big House.

"I'll explain once we get there. Now come on!" Annabeth said, picking up the pace. Casey heaved a sigh, before jogging along. Soon enough, they made it to the Big House, and Ingrid ran up the porch to hold the door open. Chiron and the blonde guy rushed over.

"What happened?" He asked. "What's wrong with her?"

"Hera's cabin. Vision. Bad." Annabeth said breathlessly, putting her hands on the back of her head to catch her breath.

"I think ... I think I may have killed her." Rachel said. Ingrid's eyes widened. She knew the girl was a badass but not in that kind of way.

"Oh dear. Quick, come in. Casey, put her on the couch, would you? Ingrid, you grab the med kit in the kitchen." Chiron said, them all obeying.

Ingrid rushed into the kitchen, scanning for the med kit. She rummaged through cabinets, searched the counters, but couldn't find it anywhere. She left out a huff of frustration before peeking her head out the the kitchen. "Psst. Casey!"

   Casey's head snapped in her direction, and gave her a confused look. She motioned for him to come toward him, so he did. Once he was in the kitchen, he gave her a look. "What the hell? Where's the med kit?"

   Ingrid ran a hand through her hair, something she does when she's stressed. "I don't know, I've looked everywhere but it's not in here. So you're going to help me look."

   "Woah, okay, calm down. Breathe. Stop overthinking, you're gonna be fine. Let's start looking again, okay?" Casey said, putting a hand on her shoulder. Ingrid nodded, taking deep breaths before scouring the kitchen yet again.

   "So what was going on in there? Did you figure out what happened?" Ingrid asking as she rummaged through the cabinets.

   "Yeah, kinda. I guess when Rachel got to camp, she went to the Hera cabin because she got a vibe from it, then Annabeth and Piper went in. When they were all talking, Rachel blanked and a creepy voice came out of her." Casey said.

   "So a prophecy?" Ingrid asked.

   "No. Rachel said she thinks it was someone trying to talk through her," Casey said. He moved some papers around on the kitchen table, and there it was, the med kit. "Aha! Come on, I found it."

   The twins rushed out of the kitchen, thrusting the kit to Chiron. He thanked them, before continuing the conversation.

"Chiron, what happened back there – I've never seen anything like it. I've heard Rachel's prophecy voice. This was different. She sounded like an older woman. She grabbed Piper's shoulders and told her –" Annabeth said.

"To free her from a prison?" The blonde guy guessed.

Annabeth stared at him. "How did you know that?"

Chiron made a three-fingered gesture over his heart, like a ward against evil. Ingrid and Casey followed the gesture, exchanging surprised looks.