PROLOGUE

As the war was still raging on outside of King's Landing, Jaime headed to the throne room where the Mad King sat on his throne of swords. He took slow steps as he walked up to his king, the very man he swore to protect with his sword drawn. Jaime squint his eyes watching the king whispered to himself not aware that Jaime was about to do to him, the old king stared at nothing as he muttered to himself in a dazed. Jaime looked the man up and down with pity as he watched his king continue to descend into madness, he breathed out as he held his sword tight in his hand.

Jaime's foot kicked an abandoned goblet on the floor causing him to stop and the mad king to snap out of his dazed and look towards Jaime, the old man eyes stared into Jaime's with confusion as if he never seen him a day in his life. Jaime swallowed the lump in his throat and stared fearlessly at the mad king, when the king realized what was happening he got up quick and tried to escape.

Jaime quickly came up to him putting his sword in the back of the king, the old man groaned in pain before collapsing on the ground. The Mad King was still alive as he tried to crawl away, but Jaime grabbed him by his shoulder turning him on his back. He could see the old man mouth moving but he couldn't understand what he was saying, he leaned closer making his blood run cold as the king whispered.

"...burn them all.." Aerys repeated as he tasted a familiar metallic in his mouth, Jaime looked down at the man he once was proud to call his king with distaste and planted his sword  into the Mad King again before pulling it out and  plunging it again to be sure.

Jaime stepped back as the king laid died on the floor, he stared at the body for a moment before hearing sounds from the around the corridor. He held his sword tightly again as he walked out of the throne room, he turned the corner walking down the path when he heard sounds near the dungeon. As he hurried down the corridor he saw a man walking fleeting from the dungeon making Jaime shout.

"HALT." Jaime hissed making the man stand still.

"Turn around." The man didn't listen as he stood his back still to Jaime.

"I said turn around." The tip of Jaime's sword was against the man's back, It didn't need to take a genius to know that the man was a targaryen with his short white hair and house colors flashing proud on his clothes.

"I'm not armed." The man said, slowly turning around with a bundle in his arm well his other hand his up, Jaime face harden at the sight of Aemond ll Targaryen.

The tip of the sword moved to Aemond's neck making him tilt his head upwards with his eyes still train on Jaime, neither says a word only the sounds of fighting outside the castle fills the air. A whimper brings the boys attention to the small thing in Aemond's arm, making Jaime frown in confusion at the bundle snuggled in the bloody blankets.

"Is he dead?" Jaime moved his eyes from the blanket back to Aemond looking at him puzzled

"My father...is my father dead?" Aemond clarified, Jaime's clenched his jaw before nodding.

"Yes." He couldn't read Aemond expression as the young dragon prince nod.

"And my brother?" He asked.

"Dead. Robert Baratheon killed him." He nodded again looking back at the bundle in his arm.

"Now, let me ask you a question..." Jaime says motion towards the baby.

"Whose child is that?" He asked his sword still at Aemond's neck, the young prince looked back over to Jaime.

"Move the sword and I'll tell you.' Jaime scoffed adding pressure to Aemond's neck causing a bit of blood to break through his pale white skin.

"How about I just slit your throat." A small tug a the corner of Aemond's mouth causes him to nod.

"Fair enough." Aemond says before his hand moves to the bundle making Jaime move his sword further up near his pulse giving him a look to not do anything stupid, Aemond gave a annoyed inhale before he slowly moves the blanket from the baby face.

Jaime's eyes cast down to the little bundle making him slowly moves his sword down and away from Aemond as he stared at it, the baby was asleep still covered in blood and slim from its early birth.

"This bundle of joy....is your daughter."