CHAPTER ⁶

The ride to Driftmark felt long and tiring as Alise laid in bed feeling sea sick she had a bucket next to the bed just in case she felt like throwing up again, a knock came from the door before Rhaegnar walked through he saw her in bed with the covers wrapped around here as her coily hair was a all over the place strands covering her face.

"What's wrong with you?" He asked, he walked to the seat occupied earlier watching her.

"N-nothing, just a l-little sea s-sick." She groans holding her stomach, rhaegnar rolled his eyes  looking at the mess of the girl.

"Well, try to fix yourself up we're almost to the island, What kind of person gets sea sick on a ship...gods it must have been torture traveling with you." He comments annoyed.

"For the record, asshole. This is my first time on a ship, so...." she glares at him, he looked at her in shocked.

"You never been on ship before...like ever." She nodded a little taking deep breathe at the rocking of the ship.

"When your a bastard you don't really get to travel much." She said leaning her back against the headboard, Rhaegnar looked at her for second before hummed and getting up. He walked over to a big dark chest box in the corner and opened it pulling out one of her dress from home.

"I'll ask the chef to make you some tea to settle your stomach." He says not looking at her as he place the dress over the chair, she looked at him before nodding.

"Thank you, rhaegnar." He gave her a firm nod before walking out of the cabin, she sighed closing her eyes trying to distract herself from her sickness.

Not a hour passed when she heard knocking on the door, "Come in?" A large man walked in with a tray in his hand walking over and settling the tray on the nightstand.

"Here you go, m'lady." She looked over at  the tray with caution, the broth had peices of fish in it and the smell was making her stomach bubble in a weird way.

"Is everything alright, m'lady." She looked at the man nodding.

"Yes, I–uhhh...it just my stomach I don't think I would be able to keep the food down I just gonna have the tea." She said, leaning over and grabbing the handle of the mug before blowing in it. The smell was strong but she soldier through took a sip off it, she nearly gaged at the bitter and spicy taste coughing a little in the process.

"What's in that?" She asked strained her throat  burning, the man looked at her with the tray in hand.

"...ummm i believe ginger and apple cider vinegar, m'lady." She scrunched up her face before giving the man a weak smile.

"Right, thank you." He nodded and left the room, alise frowned looking at the tea before holding her nose and gulping down the tea she shudder and crane her neck up in disgust. She put the mug down and she leaned her head back slowly feeling better, when she heard noises on the deck she moved off the bed and  looked out the window seeing a island in the distance. She moved back and looked over at the dress on the chair, she started to lift up her own dress and pull it over head as she took off her dress Rhaegnar walked in stopping staring at her. 

She didn't notice he was watching as she held up the dress he picked out for her, Rhaegnar's eyes trailed over her scarred back before looking up at the back of her coily hair. He slowly closed the door as he backed away the scene in front of now burned in his memory made his jaw clenched before he walked back up to deck, Alise tied her hair in a low bun before slipping the flats from the chest on her feet. She ran her hands down her stomach as she admire the floor length white flowy dress the long sleeves, she grabbed her black cloak that covered her whole body before she made her way out of the cabin and on the decks she walked over to the taffrail looking out seeing the Castle Diftmark in all its glory.