CHAPTER ⁸

Rhaegnar and Alise waited for the handmaiden to come and get Alise to take her to her room, he couldn't take her through the entrance of the castle for everyone to see so he sneaked around to the kitchen. After sending a servant to fetch the appointed handmaiden, they waited outside of the kitchen door alise looked up to the sky as grey clouds was gathering hearing thunder in the distance.

She looked back to the door hearing it unlock to see a ivory girl with rosy cheeks and sweet smile staring at rhaegnar, he motion with his head to alise who stood there with her arms crossed looking away.

"Dear gods, what happened to her it looks like she just came from a pub brawl." The young woman grabbed alise by her cheeks turning her to observe her wounds, alise pull away from the woman as she looks at rhaegnar.

"Mertha, Alise. Alise, Mertha. She going to help you get ready for the celebration, I leave you two to it." He says, well he walk through the kitchen with Merthe and Alise right behind him. He walked the opposite way well mertha dragged alise to a spiral staircase, they walked for a bit before finally coming to the room where two guards stood.

They walked in making Alise glanced around before sitting at the end of the bed, she watched mertha walked over to the wardrobe to pull out a red gown with small golden flowers on the neckline.

"The bath is already made, m'lady. Do you want me to call some servant in to help bath you. " Mertha asked lying the gown on the bed next to Alise and putting the flats on the floor next to her feet.

"No, that's okay." Mertha nodded, Alise stood up and walked over to the tub she turned looking at mertha.

"Can you leave...I will like to be alone." Mertha nodded again.

"If you need anything I'll be just down the hall." Alise gave her a firm nod before watching her leave, her hands went to the lace in the back of her gown undoing them making the the gown loosen up and causing her to slide it from her shoulders to her waist and drop to her feet.

She untied her hair before dipping her foot in to make sure it was alright before getting in entirely lowering her body in the warm water, she slide her legs out of the water so they can dangle out of the tube as she went under water wetting her hair. As she came up her door was opened causing her to used the curtain hanging around the tub to cover herself, she wiped her face to see dustran looking around for her.

"What are doing in here?" She snapped, he turned seeing her in the bath before turning around quickly.

"I'm so sorry, m'lady. Rhaegnar wanted to know if you were ready." He says.

"Now, that I see your bathing I will go." He turned to walk when alise stopped him.

"Wait! I need a favor." He raised his brow.

"A favor, m'lady." He questioned.

"I need you to look for something in my chest." He looked around the room until he walked a leather black chest he opened it before calling out.

"What exactly am I looking for?" He asked.

"Two medium bottles one with a brown substance and another clear." She says, he tossed her clothes side to side trying to look for it.

"Got it." He stood up he opened one of the bottles smelling it out of curiosity, he looked overwhelmed by the smell. 

"What is this stuff it smells amazing." Dustran almost slipped on the steps and dropped the bottles when he forgot that Alise was still in the tube, he covered his eyes with his hand.

"Apologies, my lady." He says again.

"It's alright you can open your eyes." Dustran turned red moving his hand away from his eyes he sighed a bit disappointed to found the curtain was hiding Alise.