chapter five : french vanilla

CHAPTER FIVE

CHAPTER FIVE

"Y/n,"

I woke up because of the person calling my name. I opened my eyes and saw Suya standing next to me.

"What time is it?" I get up on the couch.

Emma and Hina are sleeping on the carpet next to Luna.

"10:45 pm,"

"Shoot. Mom didn't know I would sleep here." Natarantang sabi ko.

"Don't worry, I told your mom that you will sleep here, I met her earlier."

"Is that so? Good." I breathed a sigh of relief.

My mom and Suya's mother are friends so she agreed to let me leave as long as Suya was with me.

I approached Manna and touched her forehead, she no longer had a fever. The three of us did not sleep until the trembling of her body stopped.

We were worried that her fever might get worse while we slept peacefully.

"I'm hesitant to leave her with you because you might not be able to take care of her but it looks like I shouldn't be worried anymore."

"I told you, didn't I? I know how to take care of a sick child. Emma and Hina also helped me so Manna felt better." I fixed the blanket on Manna's body before I turned to Suya.

"What happened to you and Somi?" I asked excitedly and he shrugged.

"Nothing special. I just helped her with her math lesson."

"Nothing special? Like, holding hands? Nothing?"

"Didn't you tell me to take it slow? Why do you ask if we are holding hands?"

I chuckled. "Yeah, you're right hehe."

We were silent for a few seconds before he spoke again.

"You want takoyaki?"

"You will treat me?" He nodded kaya ngumiti ako.

I put a blanket on Emma and Hina before Suya and I left the house. I was wearing only a skirt so I could feel the cold air. Christmas is also near.

Suya and I bought takoyaki at the street vendor before we went to the park near their house. We sat on the swing.

I stared at the slide in front of us before I smiled because I remembered something.

"Do you still remember when we played here? You were playing on the slide and then you suddenly fell into the mud because it had just rained." I said then chuckled.

"Yeah, mom is very angry with me because I don't take care of my actions."

I took a deep breath then looked at the moon. "It's bring back memories." I whispered.