Chapter 2: Rumors spread like wild-fire

It had been only been 2 days since the kissing incident, but Ichinose already knew that she'd remember that day for the rest of her life.

Honami Ichinose is a very popular student and the leader of Class B. Course she'd never let her status or popularity get to her head, she had always remained humble.

Advanced Nurturing High School is the top school in the country, one that housed more than couple hundred students. She had no idea what the exact number of students was, but judging from the mailboxes near their dorms she'd say that a safe guess was: too many

Therefore, she reasoned that it was entirely possible that she might be able to finish High school without crossing paths with him ever again. 

In fact, she was fairly sure that not only did Kiyotaka Ayanokouji show no indication of caring about the kiss, but he also had no interest in her whatsoever—and had probably already forgotten all about what happened.

Unless, of course, she was catastrophically wrong and he did end up filing a sexual harassment complaint to the school. In which case she supposed that she would see him again, when she pleaded guilty in federal court.

Court work sadly takes a lot of money. There's no way she could ask her mother for help for something as embarrassing as this.

Ichinose opened her phone with half a mind to google "Organs one can live without" and "How much cash for them" 

What am I doing?  She slapped both her cheeks to snap out of it.

Ichinose figured that she could waste her time fretting about legal fees, or she could focus on what was more pressing issues. Taking care of her class and keeping an eye out for any so-called special exams.

Ichinose headed for the cafeteria, she bought herself a cup of stale coffee and turned around to find someone scowling right behind her.

She startled so hard that she almost burned herself.

"God!" She clutched her chest, took a deep breath, and held tighter onto her coffee cup with hello kitty stickers. "Mako. You scared the daylights out of me."

The girl with straight dark blue hair and a pretty, round face plopped in the chair next to hers and muttered, "Ichinose

The girl with straight dark blue hair and a pretty, round face plopped in the chair next to hers and muttered, "Ichinose."

It was a bad sign. Mako and she are on a first-name basis. She never called her Ichinose—never, unless she was reprimanding her for biting her nails to the quick or for having gummy bears for dinner.

"Hey! How was your—"

"I know."

Dammit. "—weekend?"

"About Ayanokouji."

Dammit, dammit, dammit. "What about him?"

"Chihiro kinda told me beforehand that she was confessing to you. Of course, I had a feeling you would reject her. And I'm not blaming you, it's your choice after all. But I was still kinda worried about her so I was secretly following her—"