➢ 𝜯𝒉𝒆 𝓐𝒇𝒕𝒆𝒓𝒎𝒂𝒕𝒉

Reena walked to Rocky with hands fisted tight in anger. She has dressed in a white and red anarkali looking ethereal and Rocky stood mesmerized unable to take his eyes off her.

She scolded standing in front of him, "Neeku okasari chepte artham kada! Nannu vadili vellodannanu ga. Malli cheppa pettakunda ikkadiki vachesav. How could you ?"

(Don't you understand a thing at once ! I told you to not to go anywhere leaving me. But still, you dared to come here and that to without a word. How could you ?)

Rocky watched her with amusement while she continued to glare cursing, "You are an impossible and irritating Idiot. Rascal. Stupid Brute. All you do is bloody frustrate me."

She continued to curse him under her breathe. While he wondered about when she came to Bombay ! How did she manage to find his house and from when she was there.

She turned to his mother's sketch and complained, "Chustunnara Amma ? Enta mondodu chudandi ? Ela vegaru meeru tanato ?"

(Are you watching, Amma ? See how stubborn he is ? How did you put up with his tantrums ?)

Her conversing with his Mother, tugged at his heart strings. It felt good at heart and he walked to his mother's sketch touching it recalling her and the promise he made to her, "Amma eppudu anedi, nenu chala mondodnani."

(Amma used to say that I was very wilful.)

His expression changed and he went mute after that. He was his mother's everything. His mother's word is his life's goal. Loosing his mother was his biggest pain that still haunted him.

A hand clasped his and he turned back to see Reena who calmly raised her other hand and swept off the tear with her thumb that gathered at the edge of his eyeline. He watched her as she pulled the corner of his lips upwards with her finger.

He blinked and she smiled at him touching his forehead with hers while stroking his cheek with her thumb. He smiled back at her closing his eyes as the sadness that shot up dissipated slowly, and they stayed like that for sometime.

After that both of them left for KGF in the chopper. But Reena gets surprised when they land in Desai Mansion instead of KGF. "Pada Bangaram velli Maavayya ni theesukoddam." Her face hardened and she nodded as they get down and enter the mansion.

(Let's go Bangaram, and bring Father-in-law.)

The workers immediately surrounded Reena, "Madam Bagunnara ?" Reena nodded and she said to take out the car as they had to go to hospital.

(Madam, how are you ?)

Rocky accompanied Reena to the hospital and during the formalities. Rocky made sure there was no disruption and media interventions. His guards surrounded them in disguise.

The funeral rites took place in Desai Mansion while Reena stood with a placid face. There wasn't an emotion on her face and she kept staring at her father's face.

A mask was drawn over her face and nothing could be seen past that. She was numb. They arrived at the crematorium and Reena circled the pyre with earthen pot for three times.

When the priest handed the fire to Reena to ablaze the pyre her hands trembled lightly looking at her father's form in between the pyre. Rocky held her as her legs gave away the strength to do that.

Tilting her head up, her reddened eyes covered in pain, faced him. He held her fire holding hand and circled her shoulders in support. He raised her hand giving the fire to pyre three times and setting it ablaze.

They both stood there watching the burning pyre. After collecting the ashes they went back to Desai Mansion and took a bath. Help informed Reena that lawyers were waiting for her.