Missing [Error x Nightmare]

Casually posts a shot requested more than 4 months ago
Requested by A861913

-----------------------------------------------------------

For the first two days Error didn't return to their shared home, Nightmare didn't speculate much about it. After all, the other did have a habit of simply going off somewhere without a warning, even if they were, at last, a couple. On the third day, Nightmare grew concerned but managed to mostly stay inside, taking strolls around the castle and trying to track the glitch's aura. Needless to say, his attempts were unsuccessful. Finally, when the twilight of the fourth day appeared, the guardian decided to go outside and teleport around, trying to find his boyfriend. It was no time to laze around anymore, four days was enough time to be captured, injure yourself, and even... get... killed.

"Error?!" Nightmare screamed, his tone a bit desperate. He was currently in the part of the forest which surrounded his castle that he himself has never explored. There was no need for that before. "Error!" He didn't even want to think about looking for his lover in any other alternative universe, given that there was quite literally an infinite number of them. Of course, he has already checked Outertale and the Anti-void, although he was extremely skeptical about the latter. Destroyer has not visited that place in years, it being way too trauma-inducing.

Finally, after way too long for Nightmare's liking, his tentacles twitched as he felt a trace of pretty strong negative emotions with a familiar trait to them. He followed it, only to enter a dark cave. Thank the stars that his night vision was better than average monster's. Soon his aura tracing powers were deemed unnecessary, Error being in sight at last.

He was sitting in a small recess and glitching wildly, his knees bent to support one of his arms. Meanwhile, the other one, which was wielding a sharpened bone, was slashing just below his wrist with lethargic movements, leaving semi-deep cuts.

Nightmare inhaled sharply and run towards the found skeleton, not failing to note that Error didn't seem to notice him, too concentrated on his actions.

"Error." Nightmare said with a demanding tone, now kneeling right in front of him. One of his tentacles took a strong hold of Error's arm, making sure that he was unable to hurt himself more. The destroyer didn't verbally respond, only his eyes slowly shifted to look at him, his gaze unfocused. "Error." Nightmare repeated himself, this time in a softer tone.

"What... are you... doing here...?" When Error finally spoke up his voice was slow like his attention was elsewhere, his eyes drilling into the ground.

"I should be asking you that! What are you doing in such a random place, hurting yourself...?" Nightmare tried to take the bone from the other, but the shaking hand had a strong grip on it.

"...The voices... They're screaming." Was all the answer he was given.

Nightmare frowned. Ah, so that's what it was about. After Error ceased his Anti-void life they appeared less and less, however, it seemed that now was one of the bad cases of that. The goopy skeleton still had many questions but decided to leave them be, for now they weren't a priority.

"Error, mi amor, let's get you out of here first. Then we can take care of everything else." Nightmare's hands reached for his significant other, making him wince in response.

"No, no no no, I have to stay here, here is good. Here is dark." Error's eyelights moved from left to right in quick succession, as if they were looking for something that wasn't there. Good news? He dropped the sharpened bone, making Nightmare react immediately and throw the damned item away. Bad news? The hand started scratching at the skull instead, leaving faint marks.