008.

U AND I.
( CHAPTER EIGHT ! )
START TO HISTORY.

'  𝐓𝐔𝐄𝐒𝐃𝐀𝐘, 𝐌𝐀𝐑𝐂𝐇 𝟏𝟎, 𝟏𝟗𝟗𝟐

𝐓𝐔𝐄𝐒𝐃𝐀𝐘, 𝐌𝐀𝐑𝐂𝐇 𝟏𝟎, 𝟏𝟗𝟗𝟐.  '
shrine auditorium ━━━ los angeles, california !

IT WAS ANOTHER BIG DAY set for Milani, it was the 1992 Soul Train Awards and not only was Milani nominated for Best R&B/Soul Single by a female award, competing against Natalie Cole, Lisa Fischer, Patti LaBelle and Whitney Houston. But she was also asked to preform, and she decided to sing Crazy In Love since it was becoming such a anthem for her at the moment.

She was also in support for her label-mates, Jodeci for their four Soul Train nominations, being Best R&B/Soul or Rap New Artist, Best R&B/Soul Album - Group, Band or Duo with Guy also in the same category, Best R&B/Soul Single - Group, Band or Duo. And she also came to support Heavy D & The Boyz for their nomination for Best Rap Album and Rayne for Best R&B/Soul Album nomination.

Milani was beyond shocked to be nominated against such talented artists amongst those women, and she was highly on edge of her even winning the category.

Her stardom was getting bigger and bigger by the day, or even by the event whenever Milani appeared. The opportunities for her were coming left and right and she was never the one to back down, which made her so known already.

It'd be nearly marked a month since her album debuted within the next four days and it was already doing the greatest amount of success. The album was debuted at number four at the moment on the R&B/Soul Album Chart, and number twelve on the BillBoard 200. Half her songs on her album were within the top twenty range on the BillBoard Hot 100, Crazy In Love and Vanishing were top three, CIL was number three while Vanishing was number one.

Soon enough, the money would start really flowing in and she'd be able to purchase her own home, as well as her parents and older sister — which she intended on making sure to do.

"Are you happy that you're nominated? Against Patti LaBelle and Whitney Houston? Girl, what a night it's going to be." Milani slightly shook her body at the thought of it. Her pride and confidence was telling her she wasn't due to win, but her mindset and gut was telling her body otherwise. She felt she had it in the bag, but with Whitney Houston and Patti LaBelle being in the same category she was, was entirely nerve wracking for her.

"Don't even get her started, she's been stressing and talking about it all day. She won't give it a rest. M doesn't even have faith in her winning." Chantel told Rayne, watching as the two got dressed. Chantel wasn't attending the award show, due to the fact that she wasn't a singer nor did she want to go since she had to take care of her year old daughter, Neveah which was a story to share another day.