048.

U AND I.
( CHAPTER FORTY EIGHT ! )
BUSY.

'  𝐓𝐔𝐄𝐒𝐃𝐀𝐘, 𝐉𝐔𝐍𝐄 𝟐𝟏, 𝟏𝟗𝟗𝟒

𝐓𝐔𝐄𝐒𝐃𝐀𝐘, 𝐉𝐔𝐍𝐄 𝟐𝟏, 𝟏𝟗𝟗𝟒.  '
metropolis recording studio ━━ corpus christi, texas !

AFTER MILANI AND DEVANTE had made back up that night, they had parted their own ways once again, DeVante hit back upon the tour life, while Milani stayed in Texas, producing tracks and reading over her script for her next movie that soon to be officially filmed.

Currently, she was in the studio with Boyz II Men, and another one of their producers for the album besides Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis, for one of the two tracks Milani was helping produce, that she'd written on her own.

"Alright, should we get this track situated? It's perfect for the album, right up ya'll alleyway." The engineer nodded, which made Milani smile.

"Let's do it." Wayna exclaimed, excusing himself from the conversation he was having with the other boys. "Cool, Shawn — you're gonna go first, then you boys will join in for the chorus and harmonizing . . . Milani even slipped in a little speaking verse for you, McCary." Milani seen Michael nod rapidly and smile, which caused her to do the same softly.

Wayna cleared his throat, grabbing attention to the engineers as he and the boys was clearly ready to record. If it was one thing about Wayna, he did not play when it came to recording. He was sure to place all his emotions out into the air, and as a musician—Milani admired that.

The track began to play, the soft and melodic beat began to play throughout the entire studio and the boys's ears. Shawn starting the first verse off.

"Darlin' I, I can't explain.
Where did we lose our way? Girl, it's drivin' me insane. And I know I just need one more chance, to prove my love to you. If you come back to me, I'll guarantee, that I'll never let you go . ."

Milani's mind couldn't help but advert to the main source of the particular song she'd written. Originally, she planned to sing it for herself for her next upcoming album, but she felt it was perfect for Wayna and the boys, after fixing up a couple words.

"Can we go back to the days, our love was strong? Can you tell me how a perfect love goes wrong? Can somebody tell me how to get this back the way, they used to be. Oh god, give me a reason, I'm down on bended knee."

She pulled her lips inward, placing her chin in her hand as she watched the boys do their work. The song surely hit a sore spot for her, as expected but that's what made the music powerful as it would be. When it hit you, all too well.