prologue

・゚: *・゚:* PROLOGUE *:・゚*:・゚

Lily loved traveling down to Cousins every year for the summer. It was something that she looked forward to each year and when it came, she cherished it.

Being able to live by the beach with her best friends every summer was a dream come true.

Being able to stay up late with Conrad as he read her a poem from one of her favorite books or playing video games with Steven on the living room couch was something she loved to do every summer.

She also loved getting to gossip with Belly about their crushes and how their school year went.

Both Lily and Belly knew of each others crush on Jeremiah and Conrad.

Lily herself didn't realize she had a crush on Jeremiah until the summer before her ninth grade year.

It was another summer night in Cousins and Lily sat by the pool as she listened to the waves crash onto the beach a few yards away.

Lily wasn't able to sleep and decided to sit by the pool to pass sometime.

She thought everyone in the house was asleep but she was proved wrong when Jeremiah sat beside her, dipping his feet into the pool as well.

"Couldn't sleep?" He asked as he glanced at her, the moon illuminating the freckles that danced along her cheeks and on the bridge of her nose.

"Nope. You?" She asked with a small smile.

"Nope." Jeremiah stated causing a small chuckle to escape past Lily's lips.

"I'm not ready to go back to reality and leave this bubble of peace." Lily announced after the two had been silent for awhile.

"Yeah, me neither." Jeremiah confessed as he looked out into the night sky.

"Don't get me wrong, I've missed Gwen and Sophie but they're not you guys." Lily confessed as she glanced over at Jeremiah.

"I feel the same way. No one can replace the hole you leave when summer is over." Jeremiah nodded as he glanced over at Lily.

Butterflies erupted in Lily's stomach at Jeremiah's words.

Why was she feeling this way?

"I'm gonna miss you most, Jer." Lily frowned.

"Me too, Lilypad." Jeremiah whispered as he moved a strand of hair behind Lily's ear.

"I want you to have this. Whenever you miss us or me, just open it and you'll see us again until summer comes back." Jeremiah stated as he held out a locket that held a picture of the six of them smiling.

It was from Lily's birthday party that they had at the house and she wore a big smile as she leaned against Conrad.

"Thank you, Jer." Lily smiled before Jeremiah helped her put it on.

It was from that moment on that Lily had a reoccurring crush on Jeremiah.

Every summer she vowed to confess to Jeremiah about her feelings but every year, he proved to her that he did not reciprocate those feelings whatsoever.

And so, Lily made a promise to herself that she will no longer have feelings for Jeremiah and that this would be the summer she finally moved on from the blue-eyed boy.

But little did she know that this summer would be the time Jeremiah finally discovered his feelings for her.

Would this be yet another cruel summer of unreciprocated feelings or will Lily finally get the guy after all?

BELLA'S CORNER

i hope you guys enjoy this rewrite!!

hopefully i have motivation to finish this book before season 2 releases!!

how do we like the changes?!?