six

CHAPTER SIX

BIRTHDAY TROUBLE

BIRTHDAY TROUBLE

AFTER JEREMIAH AND BELLY left to pick up Taylor from the bus station, everyone had left as well, leaving Lily alone.

Instead of lounging around and spending her day inside, Lily decided to go on a run before she goes down to the beach.

Lily had began running a little before the start of her sixth grade year.

It was a way for Lily to clear her mind and calm her nerves.

Lily normally ran around her block and would often beat her times.

So, when Lily had ran the mile for her gym class in under 6 minutes, it sparked the interest of the track coaches.

Their middle school wasn't known to be very successful in their track meets but seeing Lily run gave them hope, so they asked her if she was interested in joining the track team.

Lily, who was never interested in sports, agreed and the following week, she participated in the long distance runs and placed first place.

It wasn't until the next year that Lily started to participate in the sprints and in those events, she dominated them.

Once Lily had entered high school, she made the varsity team her freshmen year and a year later, became captain.

Lily had won many city trophies and even won state a few times for her school.

Now, Lily was preparing for her senior year of high school and focused on impressing potential college scouts.

It was always Lily's plan to attend a school with a law program, so she could follow in her fathers footsteps but this opened Lily up to more possible colleges.

It also gave her a reason to be on top of her grades and she was currently on track to be valedictorian at her school.

Everything was falling into place for Lily and all she needed was a relaxing summer before the year of chaos would begin.

So, Lily tied the laces of her tennis shoes before slipping in her airpods as she stepped onto the white porch of Susannah's summer house.

Tyler the Creator's New Magic Wand played through her headphones as she began her run.

Lily stared forward as her legs carried her farther and farther from the summer house.

When Lily ran, all she could focus on was regulating her breathing and it allowed Lily to have a break from anything that troubled her mind.

And what currently plagued her mind was Jeremiah and whether or not she was completely over him.

Lily wasn't the type of person to start something new with someone when she still had feelings for someone else.