Chapter 1

- having spacing issues as it resets for some reason, and wifi issues, sorry in advance...

Average words: 2804

Average reading time: 14 minutes

Reviewed: no

The smoke had penetrated between her dried lips, down to her collapsing lungs.

It's gas tore its way through her trachea, burying deep into her airway. Each attempt to claw it away had only found it worthless. Her soft skin was covered in scratches, decorated in splotches of dirty crimson blood; the sensation burned like a thousand needles piercing her skin.

Whoever they were, they were anything but forgiving as acidic fog burned her body between realities. Her vision became blurry in an obsidian hue, she finally gave in at peace.

She would never be able to see them again, to say sorry for everything.

y/n's life faded from her eyes, she was knocked out cold.

.

.

.

.

.

"When I call your name please say here or I will be marking you absent."

Everyone had a group of friends they'd hang out around with to gossip their souls away. In class, it was just the same. There was not one person that hadn't been talking to one another, all the students hovered around one another. The floors which were once a polished white, had been taking its usual toll of a dirty cream color.

The room was divided in rows of desks, each aligned perfectly alongside another.

Your face was plastered across the desk, squishing your cheeks into the crook of your arm. The air was cold as usual since there was scattered snow, but the school had a heater, so you didn't mind it much.

It'd been five months since you've moved here to be exact from the United States, while you're not exactly from there you'd call it.

Mom has business to do here, and it's not like I could say much.

New friends, new life, no work.

"And finals are coming up soon..." You groan. You peak out the side of your arm, picking at your nails you'd grown out in an attempt to distract your mind. It was loud, but it soon died down slightly.

Thankfully.

Out of the corner of y/n's eye, she noticed a feminine figure walk over to her. Her eyes scanned the figure from top to bottom before she stares at the woman, taking in her appearance.

"Oh, hello again Julie!" You smile, lifting a few stands of hair away from your face.

You always tried to not be awkward around her, but it always seemed impossible. She was popular, pretty, and oh so hot.

Julie fiddled with her hairpin, pushing the blond pool behind her ear. She was dressed in a navy blue T-shirt with a black jacket layered on top. It seemed like everything paired with jeans these days. The fabric looked as if it was made from the finest cotton in town, lucky to be rich.

Julie crossed her hands and put her chin down on y/n's desk. Now face to face, she grinned even wider. It was hard to not burn up of how close she ended up being.