Chapter 3

Average words: 2438

Average reading time: 13 minutes

The sun had risen above the mountains, hanging over the array of clouds cloned together. It was now morning, in another day of Ormond.

Accompanying the sun, the alarm started to ring. The alarm you had set for today, just like yesterday, along with every other day for school.

Groaning, you flop to your side. The beeping was loud, obnoxious at that. Placing your hand over your ear, you quickly turn off your hell spawn of an alarm. At least it did the job right.
"Ok, one week of pure peace. You're fine Y/N."

Walking to the bathroom, you grab your toothbrush. It's been a few days since you brushed your teeth, you've been neglecting the chore until today. The taste of mint wasn't your favorite after all.
You visually cringe, spitting out the last of the paste.

"Can't complain since it's important." Shrugging, you decide to hop in the shower. Rummaging through your drawers, you pull out one of your favorite shirts. It was a turtle neck, in your favorite color. A pair of jeans followed, underwear, anything you could possibly take to the shower.

"It's already 6AM, I guess I don't need to rush since school starts at 8:30."

The water was warm, the sensation of the heat ran down your back as the drops of water drizzled down your skin. It was almost making you tired. Your vision began to blur, staring at the wall. It was really peaceful in that fact.

Wasn't there something you're forgetting today? No, not possible.

The smell of shampoo was light as you rinsed off the residue. Stepping out of the shower, you had already started patting yourself dry. Combing and styling your hair in whatever way you wanted.

For once you wanted to look decent. It was a free week after all, might as well dress for the occasion. Spring break was just about here.

"Where the hell is my phone?" Y/N complained. She had to leave the house soon, and without her phone? Throwing your blankets to the side, you search. And search. Frantically looking back to the bathroom, you still don't find it.

Walking back to the bed, you step on something. It cracked.

"Oh god please don't be what I think it is." You quickly move your foot, anxious if you had done what you thought. Below you was none other then the Ritz crackers you had sometime last night, now crushed in little crumbs inside the plastic package.

You sigh in relief, picking up the food you had stepped on. Next to it was your phone. Perhaps you had accidentally pushed it off when you turned off your alarm.

"Thank you," you cheered to nobody in particular.

Your fingers hovered over the power button, it was already 8AM. The color drained from your face. You were supposed to leave 10 minutes ago.

Sprinting into action, you grab your keys and bag. Running out the door, you lock it, immediately heading to your school. Your mom's car was still there, you wished they'd let you drive it.
You gasped for air, coughing into your sleeve.

"This would be much easier if it wasn't so cold."

Arriving at the building, you check your phone. Your hair was a mess from all that jogging, there was almost no point in doing it.

"8:55AM? I could've been here if I had just left earlier."
Julie was probably wondering what was taking you so long. Heading down the halls, you put away your phone. Your back was starting to get heavy, maybe cleaning it out later would be nice.