Chapter 4

Average words: 4947

Average reading time: 25 minutes

It had already hit Friday, today was the day of Julie's party. It had been a few days since your parents had left, the house was quiet all alone. Not that you didn't mind it of course.

Rubbing your eyes, you sit up. Your room was clean today, thanks to Susie helping you last night. Yawning, you prep yourself up for the day.
Making your bed, you throw on some music to get you ready. It was going to be a rough day, why not loosen up a bit?

You combed back your hair and threw on some accessories, making sure to not lose your phone this time.

"Ok, but where did I leave my keys?" Groaning, you look around the house. It didn't take long to notice that they were on the key rack near the front door. You step on the rug and skid your feet. You hadn't left this here.

"She probably moved it when we were cleaning."  Tossing the keys in the bag, you lock the door and head out. For once the road wasn't frozen, it was almost kind of warm. The sun was pretty bright too, you wince under the light.

'Maybe today would be a good day.'

Hopefully it would, then again it wouldn't kill you to have a little fun. The walk was quite slow, the cars were also quiet. Too early for most people except parents or students. That was to your surprise when you saw a car slowing down next to you. They almost come to a full stop, well as far as you could see.

Not taking any chances, you immediately burst into action, you came into a sprint.

"Wait slow the fuck down," they shouted. You pause slightly, until you feel a hand wrap around your arm. Bringing your elbow up, you prepare for a swing. Only to be blocked right after.

"Let go!" You yell, squirming to get out.

"Y/N it's just me, Jesus." Turning back, you're met with none other than Frank Morrison. He looked almost irritated to be honest, but it was his fault.
"You scared the hell out of me man." You groan, tossing your head to the side.

"I thought you were gonna kidnap me or something." Laughing, Frank shakes his head.

"I thought you might want a ride until you started running like crazy." Fixing his jacket, he grabs your hand.

He flashes a quick wink before glancing back at the car.

"Come on before we're late to class." You made it clear that you weren't a fan of this treatment before, but you decided to drop it considering he wasn't a total stranger anymore.

His car was a run down vehicle, an ashy silver car. You weren't complaining though, it was better than walking. Hopping in the car, you buckle up. Frank follows, picking up the speed once again in the direction of the school. You'd never expect him to be up so early, let alone on time.

"What's the catch?" You turn to face him, putting your hands on the side of your hips. He simply looked away, his irritated expression quickly returned.
"Nothin, can I not do something nice for my friend?" He snarks back. Slightly offended, you gasp.

"I was just asking, rude." Silence filled the car, nobody spoke for a bit. Which was quite boring. You didn't know what your relationship was with Frank, unlike the others. You decided to see what you could do.
Pressing the radio, you change the station to a different channel.

"Who said you could change my radio?" Frank asks. He turns and stares at you, stopping at a red light. You just look away and hum. He just continued to stare, his eyebrows were beyond furrowed. You had the audacity to touch his radio?