Chapter 5: Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now

"🎶One kiss is all takes! Fallin' in love with me! Possibilities~🎵"

Khairul hummed to himself, listening to some work as he finished cleaning up the garage. This garage was the workshop that Khai and Irfan worked at, it was owned by Aiman Darul Bin Ahmad. Everybody called him Mr. Darul. He was a good boss and treated his employees well, but rarely showed his face in public.

"Khairul, can I see you in my office really quickly?" A voice called out.

"Okay!" Khai replied.

The young man sat down in his boss' office, it was filled with posters of race cars and racing drivers. Along with a shelf chock full of racing trophies and magazines of pro racers and street racers alike. The chair on the other side of the desk turned to reveal Khai's boss. A man with milk-chocolate coloured skin and hazelnut brown eyes. He had a medium length haircut, with a middle parting, and looked to be in his mid to late 30s.

"I heard that there was a race held on A110 the last weekend, and a local won against a white Lotus. The winner drove a white GR86 that looks similar to yours." Darul explained.

"And..would you mind telling me if that was you?" He further asked.

"...Yes it was. Am I getting some sort of punishment?"Khai frowned.

"Oh goodness no, Khai. You're one of the hardest workers here. You put a lot of effort into your work. I wanted to know if you could let me know when's your next race. Your driving style and way with the people really excites me, I feel young again." Mr. Darul replied.

"Ohh, I'll call to let you know then. Is there anything you wanted to tell me?"

"No Khai, you can leave now. Remember to lock the front door on the way out. I'll leave through the back today."

"Thank you sir."

Khai left the office through the front door and locked it securely. He decided to take a trip to the local mall, Singa Point. He decided to grab a quick bite before heading home. Just as he was making his way home, someone tapped on his shoulder. Khai turned around, and that someone actually mean't a group of 4 people. 3 girls and a guy. They all seemed quite young, maybe 17 or 18. Their faces were familiar, and Khairul knew one of them, but the rest were a bit fuzzy.

"Hi Khairul!" One of them said.

"Hi Irene, and..these are?"Khairul asked.

"THIS is Khairul? He looks so different leh! Irene are you sure you got the right guy?" The guy in the group asked.

"Yes, I've kept in contact with him after he graduated after all." Irene replied.

'Oh wait now I know who these are.'Khairul realised, he was zoned out for a moment before being interrupted by the group arguing. The group of friends in front of him were his juniors from his secondary school days. The tall guy was Alson, the other 3 people were Mika, Irene and Ash, the last person Khairul nearly didn't recognise because they looked quite more androgynous presenting as compared to their secondary school days.

"KHAIRUL!" Ash called out.

"Yes?" Khairul replied.

"WHY DIDN'T YOU TEXT US AFTER YOU GRADUATED?!" they shouted.

To say the least, this caused a kerfuffle among the friend group.

"Wait..IRENE WHY DIDNT YOU GIVE US HIS NUMBER?!" Mika asked Irene.

"YEA IRENE, I COULDVE ASKED HIM WITH HELP FOR O-LEVELS!!" Alson added.

"YOU DIDNT EVEN ASK FOR IT-" Irene interjected.

"You betrayed us, how could you Irene?!" Ash raised their hands in frustration.

"So not slay of you Irene." Alson rolled his eyes.

"Slay my ass Alson, you scored the highest out of all of us. WITHOUT HIS HELP." Irene replied.

"You guys are just chaotic as you were in CCA. Good to see you guys, what y'all been doing these past few years?" Khairul broke the tension.

To say the least, it was quite eye opening, but a bit discouraging for the older male. Irene, now a voice actor in some cartoons and animes. Alson worked in the realms of science, a psychiatrist. Mika, a manga artist. And Ash had a wonderful life in modelling clothing. Khairul seemed to be a bit...jealous, their lives were working out for them so well, he was sorta stuck. Living the same life had been since he graduated, just some mechanic and street racer.

The young man fell onto his bed face first, he didn't even feel like eating anymore. What was he doing wrong? Irfan had a girlfriend and was spending time with her, Rafie has a business, Shah has his bakery. Maybe he really is a nobody. He looked at a time hanging on his wall, his old student council tie. How the fuck did he go from such a high position to this? He needed to clear his mind.

Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. He woke up, where was he? He's on the mountain, and... He's in his car, WHY THE HELL IS HE GOING 170 KPH?! He hears a soft boom, and the hood smashed into the windshield. He feels a strong g-force, and he feels a hard crash.

"🎶Two lovers entwined, pass me by, and heaven knows I'm miserable now~🎵"

The soft whining of a siren echoed in his ear. And he felt something oozing down his head. He feels a pair of hands drag him out of his car, the cool mountain air caressing his face, pain, somewhere on his head. His eyes darted everywhere, landing on his machine. A bright orange and red monster ravaging its insides. Khairul's eyes widen, a rage overtaking him. He breaks free of his rescuer, and he frantically limps over to his stricken car, falling to his knees, tears immediately staining the road below. He only sees through tears, and a curtain of red, a monster preying on his 86's engine. All because of him.

All because, of his doing.

A/N: Haha angst go brrr