Chapter 11: Who Are You?

"Yo Saiful, you mind taking care of the shop?"

Khai unlocked his car, standing at the opposite end was a man with tanned skin, in his mid-20s. Dark blonde hair, clearly dyed. Donning a dark gray t shirt and cargo pants, he looked over to his colleague, nodding.

"Yep, go ahead. Today's a slow day anyway. I'll let you and your boyfriend know if I need anything."

"Shut up lah, he's not."

"Then y'all act couple-couple like that. Just get married already lah."

"Shush, Saiful. Remember the last time Boss caught you talking shit like that? Also, were just close."

Khai got in and drove off.

A few runs up and down the mountain later..

Heavy breaths, drops of sweat rolling down his neck, Khai's hands were practically glued to the steering wheel, dark chocolate brown hair draped over his forehead.

"Good job, Khai. You set a new personal record."

Ellis sat in the passengers seat, looking over at him, a digital stopwatch in the form of a phone in his right hand.

"By 5 milliseconds. Nice-"

Khai slammed his hands against the steering wheel, a loud groan of frustration coming out of his mouth and his head slumping down.

"All that for 5 MILISECONDS. WALAO EH."
(Walao eh: a expression used by Singaporeans and Malaysians, an expression of similar meaning is "What the hell!")

"I'm proud of you, Khai."

Khai looked back up, teary-eyed.

"What?"

"I'm proud of you."

"Thank you... I haven't heard that in a while."

"No problem Khai."

Ellis adjusted his hair. Soon, the two would get out of the car to cool down, now standing outside Khai's car, next to each other with cups of bubble tea.

"Ellis, can I ask you a question?"

The other took a sip of his milk tea, looking back over, nodding.

"Do you..like me..?"

Ellis' eyes widened, nearly choking on a tea pearl as he heard the question. He managed to calm himself before answering,

"Well...I, do actually.."

An expression of surprise formed on Khai's face. Going red, he took a sip to process what his friend just said.

"Ever since we met there was..this, thing about you that-"

Khai put a finger on Ellis' lips.

he taller male's cheeks flushed a soft red, putting his cup down, obviously feeling a bit taken aback by the other's reaction.

"I know, the feelings are..complicated."

hai replied, sipping his tea and turned away slightly, hiding a similar redness on his cheeks.

"Well..are you, considering being in a relationship?"

"Dude, I like you too. But I'm Muslim, can't get with guys, remember?"

"...Fuck."

Ellis went red, covering his face as Khai let out a chuckle. Patting the other on the back, he sighs.

"Don't worry, I understand. We can try a way to work this out. What do you even find attractive in me?"

Ellis lowered his hands.

"Well..I find our height difference cute.. our friendship is almost like a relationship too.."

"Well, I like your personality. And your Empire State Building looking-ass."

Khai smirked, laughing as Ellis smacked his back in embarrassment.

"Fuck you!"

"Fuck you too, Ellis."

Meanwhile, back at the workshop. Saiful was working on a bike. When a familiar figure appeared by the entrance.

"Abang."
(Older brother.)

"What's up?"

Saiful replied, looking over to Shah standing by the workshop entrance. Donning a long sleeved black undershirt and an apron worn backwards.

"Do you have a flathead screwdriver? We need to perform some maintenance on our mixers but we don't have our repair kit."

"Sure."

Saiful tossed a spare screwdriver to the other, Shah catching it and thanking him before heading back for his bakery.

"I really should catch up with him. Haven't had a good talk since Ieft home. What kind of older brother am I.."

He balled his hand into a fist and knocked it against the ground.

Back to Ellis and Khai, the two were driving back to the workshop, with Khai having a more relaxed attitude driving down the mountain.

"So, Elli. It's official?"

" Yea, I guess you could say that. Best friends!"

The two snickered.

A/N:Hello everyone! Sorry this chapter is a bit shorter. I've been feeling some writing block lately. And don't worry, the next chapter is going to be quite a exciting one! :D