Chapter 8: Turbulence.

A wooden box sat in Khairul's crate. He knew what it was, but he was waiting for something else. The sound of a truck engine got louder, getting closer to the shop. Khai immediately stood up from the stool he was sitting on and ran out. Through the glare of the sun against its cream white body, he could make out the silouhette of his 86, at least most of it anyway. Its front was obviously gone, no front bumper or fenders. Clearly, the repair shop had done a small favour for him. Having not only fixed whatever damages the car sustained, but also provided a short list of body mods Khai could order on his own. The car was dropped off, and Khai was helped to push the car into the workshop before leaving him to his devices.

"Khai, you still haven't told me who the fuck sent that package bro." Irfan was leaning against a stack of boxes. 

"It's from Rafie, dumbass. He didn't tell you guys that he was sending me something?" Khai raised an eyebrow.

Irfan shook his head. Standing straight and walking over to him, he grabbed a crowbar and levered it against the top of the crate. With enough pressure it broke off, Khai unraveling a bit of the plastic covering, revealing the top of the engine. His eyes widened, a smile forming on his face.

"What's inside?" Irfan looked inside, nodding with a calmer reaction as compared to Khai. 

A Subaru FA-series engine. Similar to what Khai originally had in his 86. but something felt different about it, more potential, and faster times up and down Genting A110. The duo looked at each other, nodding in cohesion before being rudely interrupted by a phone call on Irfan's side.

"Yo, what's up?" Irfan picked it up.

Khai went to move the crate next to his car. Other than a new engine, Khai would need to upgrade his car more if he wanted it to stand a chance against any coming racers. Word went round that a new foe was coming to town to challenge the locals, after hearing about the 86 which had beat a purpose built track car.

"Alright, thanks bro." Irfan slotted his phone back into his pocket.

"Who was it?"

"Rafie, he says there's more parts coming into the shop." Irfan replied.

Khai's smile turned into a smirk, he knew he could count on his friends to help in situations like this. Work continued for a while, before another car pulled up to the shop. A jet black Evo 8, modded out with the usual bells and whistles a street racer would have, time attack eing, low suspension and good rims.

"Hello! Welcome, can we help?" Khai waved.

The driver stepped out, similarly jet black hair covering one of his eyes, along with spectacles with rounded frames. He had a smirk, approaching Khai and Irfan. A pair of minty green eyes stared back at him. Irfan immediately felt something and went out to the back to get "something".

"I see this is where the 86 that beat that Exige lives, looks like you're gonna upgrade it. Looks pretty shitty though."  He looked around.

"You're saying that because..?" Khai raised his eyebrow.

"You guys wont have any chance beating Alex Sims and his Evo. Meet me 10 P.M. next Saturday, and, don't bother using that fancy move on me okay chea-"

"Oi, don't talk to my employees unless you want some service on your car." Mr. Darul walked out, carrying a tire iron.

"Ooo Big Boss, so~ scary~" He laughed.

A wrench flew across the room and hit the guy square on his head.

"OW! YOU SON OF A BITCH! YOU'LL PAY FOR IT!" 

He scurried back to his car, his forehead bleeding, and drove away.   

"Irfan, Beat his ass, I'd like you to show him what happens when he messes with my employees."

"What if I don't sir?" Irfan raised his concern.

"Jangan risau Irfan, saya tahu apakah kita mesti buat." (Dont worry Irfan, I know what we must do.) Mr. Darul responded.

"And Khai, try to go and dig up some dirt on that guy. You know a few tech-savvy guys right?"  He turned his attention to Khai.

Khai nodded, and fished out his phone. He scanned through his contacts, and remembered someone. He tapped on call for the number, and waited. Soon, a voice came back on the line.

"Hello?" 

"Hey, I know it's a weird time but, can you meet up with me tomorrow afternoon? Don't worry, it's not only just us. I'm bringing a friend along."

A short convo later, Khai put away his phone, nodding to Irfan and Mr. Darul.

The lady on the phone was Lady Francisco, she was one of Khairul's friends from his secondary school. She ended up becoming an digital analyst for some big international law firm, with her occupation, it was natural that she would know her way with computers,coding and such.

The meetup would happen, and Alex would certainly get what he deserves. Those who treated others badly, deserved to be treated badly back. Part of Khai was happy that Irfan would be the one racing, firstly, his car still wasnt in the best condition to race right now. And he had never really seen Irfan race seriously. He had always raced him down Genting A110, but mostly for fun. Never truly he had experienced how fast Irfan is.

A/N: Hello guys! I will be a bit busy with school. I'll try my best to write whatever I can for both Genting A110 and Tomorrow's First Step, my other story.