◇ ¤ SAPPHIRE▪︎41 ¤ ◇

Sounds embarrassing but you'll probably be worse than me so what's to it?

He took out a small box from his back pocket and held it in front of me. "It's for you." He pushed the jewelry box in my hand. I smiled nervously and just looked at the box. I was nervous. "Open it Lexi." 

"Oh right!" I said holding the box. When I opened the box, I gasped. "Mingi!" In the box was the rose ring I was missing. "But how- how do you have it? I thought I lost it in Ember." 

He shook his head, "I may have uh pulled it off of you when you flew away from me during the battle." He scratched the back of his neck, nervously. 

"Get out of here. And don't come back!" 

"That's what you said to me." He reminded me.

"Dude come on give me a break, I was defending Ember at the time from the enemy. I've done worse." He gave me a look and I sighed. "Okay I haven't, shut up and tell me what happened next."

"Well after you threatened me, literally, you were called to help the other angel and I was going to stop you. But you had so much force and I hurt myself with one of your rings that I think from the force, I pulled it off of your finger." He explained. "I have a scar to prove it." 

He did, it was small and faded but it was there. A red line near the palm of his hand. "Sorry." I mumbled. 

"You're lucky you're pretty." He tapped my nose. "Anyway, when I was leaving, I noticed something shiny on the floor, and it was your ring. I put it in my back pocket and kept it with me. I don't know why I kept it, but I did. Good thing I did too, we were meant to meet, eventually." He smiled, "when you mentioned it in class, I knew I had to give it back to you, I just didn't know when." 

"Mingi," I breathed out. "Thank you. You have no idea how much this means to me." I signaled the box. 

"May I?" He asked, reaching for the box. I handed it to him, and he took out the ring. He grabbed my right hand and placed the ring on my ring finger. He raised my hand to his lips and kissed the ring. 

I looked at the ring and felt butterflies in my stomach. I squealed and lunged myself forward onto him. I hugged him tightly. "Thank you Mingi." My arms were wrapped around his neck while his arms rested on my waist.  

"Lexi." He spoke after a while. I hummed in response looking at him. He smiled at me, "we can spend more time together, right?" I was confused. "Given the new information we found out about us two, we can spend more time together and get to know each other better." 

Oh, the soulmates thing. I smiled and nodded. "Of course, I wouldn't want it any other way." He gave my head a kiss and wrapped an arm around me. Not so long after, I pat his leg, "we should go back inside before Namjoon starts a search party for me, again." I laughed.