Chapter 4

⋅

⋅.˳˳.⋅ॱ˙˙ॱ⋅.˳˳.⋅ॱ˙˙ॱᐧ.˳˳.⋅

They arrived to the house the officers in tow and Love sat besides Conrad who looked like he was about to pass out.

"Officers, thank you. It won't happen again, I can promise you that much" Laurel thanked the officers who nodded.

"Tell Mr. Fisher the chief wants to set up a tee time when he gets back into town" the male cop said.

"Absolutely" Laurel nodded "Sorry again for all the trouble, have a good night, officers"

"How can you guys be so irresponsable" Laurel scolded after she led the cops out of the house.

"Mom, it wasn't a big deal. All right? Seriously" Steven tried to calm his mother. "The cops were just looking to break up the bonfire"

"Not a big deal?" She asked indignant.

"Yes"

"I would say getting picked up by the cops for underage drinking is a pretty big deal, Steven" she scoffed and then sniffed.

"Were you guys smoking tonight?" Steven asked with a smirk.

"What?" Laurel asked incredulously and Love's eyes widen when she did smelled like the residue. "Keep your voice down. Susannah's asleep on the couch"

"Well, I wasn't yelling" Steven argued. "You were-"

"Just so you know, Laurel, I-I didn't drink tonight" Jeremiah started saying "I was the DD, I swear"

"You are the oldest" Laurel pointed at Steven and then turned to Belly. "what the hell's gotten into you? And when did you leave the house without telling anybody? And what in the world are you wearing?"

"It's Taylor's. And why am I the only one who's not allowed to go out?" Belly accused.

"It's not that you are not allowed, it's that you should have told us you were going. How did you even get there?"

"I walked" Belly answered shortly.

"Jesus, you know better than to walk down the beach alone late at night"

"Can you stop treating me like a kid?"

"If you want to be treated like an adult, you need to act like one" Laurel explained.