Chapter 6

⋅

⋅.˳˳.⋅ॱ˙˙ॱ⋅.˳˳.⋅ॱ˙˙ॱᐧ.˳˳.⋅

They were all in the living room, the boys were playing video games and she was texting Nicole, her legs were on Conrad's lap while he played.

"See you guys later" Belly announced and Love turned to look at her and her mouth hung open.

"Belly, you look so pretty!" She said looking at her with a smile.

"Damn!" Jeremiah said leaving the controller on the coffee table walking towards the girl with open arms.

"Are you kidding- yeah, fine, just abandon the game completely, Jere" Steven sarcastically said.

"You - look - hot" Jeremiah complimented her twirling her in her place.

"Hey, stop flirting with my sister" Steven warned and Love chuckled leaning her head on Conrad's shoulder.

"Shut up, Steven"

"No, you shut up" he said to his sister "You look good, though"

"You driving with, or are you meeting us there?" Jeremiah asked crossing his arms.

"Didn't you hear Jer, Belly here has a date" Love announced and she felt how Conrad tense, she ignored it.

"Yes, I'm not going to the book party, I'm going to the drive-in" Belly explained. And Conrad turned to look at Belly.

"With who?" Jeremiah frowned. Belly's phone chimed and she went to check it.

"Dude, focus come on" Steven told Conrad and Love didn't notice how Conrad's whole attention was on Belly instead of the game while she was texting Nicole about her relationship.

"Um...uh okay, bye" Belly parted and Love gave her a smile and a wave. Conrad kept looking at Belly and Love looked at Conrad, confused on why he kept looking at her. She looked at Belly who didn't notice either and back at Conrad who still had his eyes on her.

She stood up from the couch, and Conrad finally turned to look at her "Where are you going?"

"I don't know, to the beach probably" she walked away and she felt how Conrad's eyes followed her until she disappeared from his line of vision.

She really needed to think.

⋅.˳˳.⋅ॱ˙˙ॱ⋅.˳˳.⋅ॱ˙˙ॱᐧ.˳˳.⋅

It was late at night and after staying on the beach for hours, some of them with the company of Nicole and her friends, she finally came back to the house.

She entered silently, careful not to alert someone of her arrival, she was about to go to the kitchen when she heard the voices of Conrad and Belly.

She knew it was bad, but she couldn't help but staying hidden behind the wall and listening in the conversation.