Chapter 19

⋅

⋅.˳˳.⋅ॱ˙˙ॱ⋅.˳˳.⋅ॱ˙˙ॱᐧ.˳˳.⋅

New Romantics by Taylor swift was blasting g through her headphones when a call to her phone interrupted the song, without looking who the caller was she answered.

"Hello?"

"Uh, Love, hey" Jeremiah's voice filled her ears and she immediately sat on the pool chair.

"Jeremiah? Is that you?" She took the phone away from her ear to verify if it was really Jeremiah, and it was.

"Yeah...it's been so long" he tried to sound normal but she could sense the awkwardness and she could sense the minute he realized when they had last saw each other.

"Get to the point, Jere"

"You wouldn't have any idea to know where my brother disappeared to?" He asked and his question shocked her.

"I haven't seen Conrad in months, and I don't want to see him, so yeah I have no idea where your brother is" she rolled her eyes. "I'm sorry, I have to go"

She ended the call and flopped back into the chair, why now?

Why now, when she was finally living again he had to go and disrupt her summer, she just hoped that wherever he had disappeared to it wasn't to her door.

Wanting to get away from her thoughts, she stood up and went to her bike which was at the front of the house without telling anyone she got on it and went for a long ride.

She rode her bike until she reached downtown, she would've loved Cousins if it wasn't for the awful memories, she thought it was a rather beautiful town.

Love stopped for a cafe on a local store, however she didn't notice the figure that had stopped cold when he saw the brunette girl, she didn't notice how the figure stopped breathing at just a glance of her face, and she didn't saw the figure ran away.

⋅.˳˳.⋅ॱ˙˙ॱ⋅.˳˳.⋅ॱ˙˙ॱᐧ.˳˳.⋅

Nicole had somehow figured out she was at the cafe and went with her to get some.

They were laughing at Nicole's joke and eating muffins when Nicole saw something in the distance and grimaced.

"You know what? Let's go the other way" Nicole took her hand too late she had already turn and saw the two people she never wanted to see again.

In that two seconds she had turned to see them somehow Jeremiah had caught her gaze...unfortunately for her.

"Love!" He smiled and walked towards them Belly behind him. "Nicole, hey!"

"...hey" she said and Nicole nudge her arm. There was an awkward silence where nobody knew what to say.

"Jere, I was so sorry to hear about your mom, she was lovely" Nicole spoke out the silence.

"Yeah, she was, thank you" Jeremiah replied and all of the time they talked she felt eyes in the side of her face, Belly's eyes, and she refused to even give her the courtesy of looking at her.

A lot of people had told her, that Belly wasn't the bad one in her story, it was Conrad, and in a sense she agreed but in another she didn't.

Yeah, it was Conrad's job to be faithful to her, but Belly certainly didn't stop when she knew he was with her, she didn't tell her that she kissed her boyfriend, she was as bad as Conrad for her.

However, quickly she decided she wanted to poke the fire.

"Belly..." she smiled at her, not really a smile but a confessing grin. "How are you and Conrad doing? I mean after the funeral..."

"I-uh, we are not...together" Belly looked down at her feet.

"Oh" of course she knew they were not together. "Well, you know what they say, Belly"

She shrugged and walked away without a back glance, Nicole soon reaching her side with a smile.

⋅.˳˳.⋅ॱ˙˙ॱ⋅.˳˳.⋅ॱ˙˙ॱᐧ.˳˳.⋅

It was midnight when she heard a knock on the door, she was halfway asleep when she heard the knock on the door.

Dragging her feet she went downstairs and opened the door while rubbing her eyes.

Immediately he saw her ex-boyfriend standing at the door with his hands inside his pockets.

"There's no way" she tried to close the door.

"Wait!" He reached for her arm but as if she had been burned, Love immediately pulled back, she stared at him dead in the face, noticed the shadows beneath his eyes and the disheveled hair that look like he had passed his hand through it way too many times

"What are you doing?" She stepped away from him.

"Can we talk?" He asked with a tone that a while ago would have made her fold.

"No" she tried to close the door again.

"Love, please" he pleaded and she snapped the door wide open.

"What are you doing?" When I last spoke to you I told you to never go near me again, did you think that was an invitation to chit-chat?"

"I know-"

"I don't have anything to say to you, so I would appreciate if you could go away"

"Okay, fine" he looked at her once more like he was trying to meteorice her face as quickly as possible. "I'm sorry, Love"

The last of his sentence was said to the slammed door in front of him. She leaned into the door and tried to breath. Her hands were sweaty and she was shaking with anger.

She stormed up the stairs to her room and jumped into the cozy blankets that didn't feel that comfortable anymore.

⋅.˳˳.⋅ॱ˙˙ॱ⋅.˳˳.⋅ॱ˙˙ॱᐧ.˳˳.⋅
She speaks!
Sorry for the long wait a lot of projects