CHAPTER THREE ● TRUST ISSUES ●

ii. SECOND CHANCE AT FIRST LINE

BLAIRE SPENT ALL WEEKEND THINKING ABOUT THE EVENTS ON FRIDAY TO THE POINT SHE QUESTIONED EVERY DECISION SHE MADE THAT NIGHT. When Allison got home from the party Friday, she texted the group chat explaining all the weird details that happened with Scott and how someone named Derek took her home. It was confusing since none of the girls knew who Derek was but Allison took a blind risk and came out unscathed.

As more time passed, the more suspicious she got. His amazing athletic skills were one thing, but she couldn't get over the growling she heard Friday. It was inhumane and scary, and not to mention her dad spotting him naked running home. Now today was just the cherry on top. She swore she'd seen his eyes glow as Stiles dragged him off the field and into the boy's locker room.

Her head searched through the worst possible things that could be wrong with him but nothing came up. Maybe it was just a party trick? Maybe her mind was playing tricks on her? The rumors about Scott not playing in the game tomorrow isn't much of a big help either. If anything, it raises her suspicion of him.

Did she want to tell her mom about everything? Yes, but she was scared of how her mom would react, especially when she wasn't allowed to go to a party, only Lydia's house. Her mom would probably ground her until she goes off to college.

Meanwhile, all Stiles could think about was spending more time with her, once he helped Scott figure out his werewolf business. Never in a million years did he think he would get the chance to talk to Blaire. They spent all weekend texting and sending each other memes.

Every text he received from her sent him over the moon, which was why he was worried after she stopped responding yesterday. She didn't even show up to English or Chemistry, but he did catch a glimpse of her at their practice.

Strolling down the hall Blaire spotted Stiles and Scott peaking around the corner being nosey. She wanted to take the opportunity to confront them or at least ask them about the weird stuff that's been happening. As she approached them she heard Scott's voice, "Well you can't exactly tell your dad the truth about Derek."

"Who's Derek?" The boys jumped and turned around to find Blaire watching them with curious eyes.

"He's uhh nobody." Their faces went from a look of concern to panic in a matter of seconds. If the situation wasn't so dire, Blaire would've giggled at the inseparable pair.

"He has to be important if the Sheriff's son has a secret about him." After a few seconds it finally dawned on her. "Derek as in the Derek that took Allison home from the party? Did he have something to do with the missing woman?" Stiles and Scott eyes widened as they both covered her mouth and backed her against the wall. "What do you know about the missing woman?" They lowered their hands so she could answer.