CHAPTER FOUR ● THE DOUBLE DATE DITCH ●

iii. PACK MENTALITY

PART ONE 

UNITED IN THREE WITH LUNCH PLATES OCCUPYING THEIR HANDS, THE GIRLS SEARCH FOR A SPOT IN THE CAFETERIA. They could sit at the popular table, but Blaire wanted a change of scenery from the windows facing the new crime scene and some distance from Isaac. "I'm just saying you should totally break up with him," Lydia told her best friend.

They haven't texted since their argument at the game and their lack of communication skills threatened the fate of their relationship.

"Or they can just try and talk things out?" Allison tried cooling the situation down the situation by appearing as the positive angel on B's shoulder.

Ever since she told the girl what happened Saturday, Lydia has been urging her to break up with him and date someone better, but Blaire wasn't so sure if she was just ready to blow things out of proportion.

Isaac did have a point, she always had Lydia's back even through her cruel moments. However, Lydia isn't the one to blame for their failing relationship.

Isaac's secret-keeping habit was starting to rub her the wrong way. The changes in his mood, always leaving early and making excuses. The thought of another girl occupying his attention began to make the brunette feel insecure.

Too busy wallowing in the doubt of her relationship, she unknowingly shoved the Derek and Laura situation to the back of her mind. She could only focus on one problem at a time and she'd rather focus her attention on the issue she was a part of. All Blaire needed was the confidence and mental stability to handle it, but she couldn't.

Blaire scanned the lunch room and found empty seats by Scott and Stiles. They never acknowledged what happened Saturday night after the game, mainly because they were too scared and weirded out. Blaire was freaked out by a vicious animal on the loose meanwhile Stiles was shitting himself thinking about what Derek would do to him.

Lydia followed the brunette stare with a disapproving look and shaking her head. "No way," the strawberry blonde protested, while the two ignored her and took a seat next to the boys. They were soon joined by others from the popular, making the boys feel uneasy, but as their eyes landed on the girls that could make that heart flutter in less than five seconds, they were relieved. A surprised and ecstatic Stiles moved his backpack from the seat next to him and gave a toothy grin forgetting he had a mouthful of water.

Blaire giggled seeing the liquid drip from his mouth. Did that just happen? He covered his mouth in embarrassment and swiftly wiped away the rest of the water. He mentally questioned how he kept messing up in front of her.