CHAPTER NINE ● REVENGE FOR THE INNOCENT ●

vi

vi. HEART MONITOR

PART ONE 

ONE NIGHT FULL OF CHAOS, IRRESPONSIBLE TEENAGERS, AND CONCERNED PARENTS WORRIED ABOUT THEIR CHILD'S ACADEMIC STANDING LED TO THE REVEAL OF A COUGAR RUNNING BEACON HILLS CAUSING ANARCHY.  Wrapped up in his love-stricken bliss with Allison, he neglected his responsibilities resulting in letting Stiles' worst fear come true- his dad getting hurt. Scott knew karma would eventually catch up, but he didn't think it would be too soon. Derek warned him a time would come where he had to choose Allison and risk losing his strength or help him track down the alphas and get his humanity back.

In class, Blaire listened to Stiles as he ranted about Scott being a crappy friend by abandoning him when he needed him the most. He created a plan to get back at him and the goal was to drive Scott crazy and make him feel neglected and alone like he did last night. Blaire wasn't too sure if that was the best idea considering they're the only ones that know about the supernatural and possibly the only ones that could put a stop to it.

"Are you sure you wanna do this?" She bit her lip and scanned the class still not seeing him.

Stiles sighed leaning back in his chair tapping the pencil on the table. "Yes, I'm gonna give him a taste of his own doggy medicine." She nodded, redirecting her attention to the board. It was unlike him to stay quiet and inattentive, to the environment around him. Blaire hated she couldn't be there to help last night, but Stiles along with her parents made her stay home so she could get well.

Appearing at the door in a disheveled mess was the one and only, Scott McCall. Stiles took a quick glance before jerking his head back to focus on the lesson. He was too pissed to examine his dreadful posture, Blaire on the other hand grew worrisome. The boy was a wreck and needed someone to talk to.

Taking a seat behind Stiles, Scott tried talking to him hoping his closest friend would answer, but he stayed silent.

"Can you at least tell me if your dad's okay? I mean, it's just a bruise, right?" He tried reasoning with him in attempts to make him feel better, but he only worsened the problem. Scott over to see Blaire widened her eyes shaking her head in a distasteful manner.

His mouth gaped open as he cringed at the comment. Stiles gave Blaire the knowing look and she nodded. "He says he's not talking to you."

"Can you tell him I feel really bad about it?" B nodded, exchanging the information to him. Stiles wrote a note on a notebook paper and handed it to her.

"He said no."

Sighing in defeat Scott buried his head in his hands. He never meant for this to go as far as it did. Stiles' father was like another father to him after walked out on them. He just wanted a break from everything, but he realized living this kind of life didn't have time for breaks. Each moment he took a step back to be a regular teenager someone got hurt; Blaire, Lydia, Jackson, and now Sheriff Stilinski.