Odelia

Adrik's lustful gaze was something I was used to. I craved it. My body fed off of his attention. I would look deep into his eyes and see carnal desire staring back at mine. Now, all I see is pure hatred in those dark brown orbs. The hatred he now has for me, because of that stupid little fairy.

Though, based on what my brother told me of his plan, she would be gone soon enough. I just needed to play my part. Separate them.

I glared into the room at her. I could tell she was naked underneath those silk sheets. The same sheets that I used to be tangled up in. My lips curled into a smirk upon seeing that I had the perfect timing.

"Adrik, sweetheart, could I have a word with you?"

His expression was blank but I could practically see the metaphorical steam fuming from his ears and nostrils. "Get. The. Fuck. Out."

Ouch.

I looked over at the young girl sitting on the bed. She couldn't be any older than 20. That would make her at least ten years younger than Adrik and me.

Is that what he's into now? I felt my ears tinge red at the thought. Am I too old?

"I'm not leaving." My voice was unwavering. "Besides, you haven't introduced me to your little...puppet" I smirked, pushing past him.

I walk into the room, heading for the bed. The naked girl tightened the sheets around her figure.

"Leave, Odelia." Adrik spat through gritted teeth.

I ignored him, reaching my hand out to the black-haired bitch. "Nice to meet you, I'm Odelia," I smiled slyly.

Her big doe eyes blinked up at me.

"It's rude to reject a handshake," I said dully, clenching my jaw at her ill manners.

"Oh, s-sorry," she muttered, reaching her right hand out from under the covers. I quickly shook her small hand and pulled away, resting my hands on my hips.

"That's enough, Odelia. Outside, now." Adrik grabbed my upper arm roughly, yanking me away from the girl and out of the room. His black hands were scorching hot and they burned my skin as his grip on me tightened. Adrik closed the door behind us. I stumbled as he abruptly released his grip once we were alone. His fervent hand had left a red print on my skin.

The hallway was empty and silent. Adrik stared at me for a bit before breaking the silence. "Didn't I reject you once before?"

My heart was stabbed by his harsh wording. Honestly, what does she have that I don't?

"Now you decide to be speechless?" He scoffed. "Spit it out. I'll entertain."

Play your part. I only prayed the fairy was listening.

"I was here before her." I swallowed the lump in my throat. Even though I was following my brother's plan, it didn't make my words any less true. They were tattooed on my heart, and I've been wanting to say them for a while now. "I love you, Adrik."

His expression didn't change.

"And I know you love me too," I continued. "We've known each other since we were kids. I was here through everything. Every stage of life." I held my hands to my heart as if to hold the pieces together. "I was there when your parents died."

I paused before my next words. "And you were there when mine-" I squeezed my eyes shut, trying to keep my tears at bay. Real tears. The story of my and Alastor's parents was too deep to get into but saying it out loud released memories that I preferred to keep buried.

"I have a mate now," he spoke. "We were friends once before when we were younger. Now, you've turned yourself into nothing more than a common whore."

A few hot tears escaped at his words. They burned like poison as they ran down my cheeks.

"I was only trying to please you," I choked out.

"Well, try no longer. I want nothing to do with you." He said turning his back. "And don't come near Raven ever again."

He slipped through the bedroom door without another word. Not even a glance. I was his lover not too long ago; now he can barely even look at me.

I let out a humorless laugh, wiping my tears with the heel of my hand. I'll get my revenge on them. Both of them.

𓍊𓋼𓍊𓋼𓍊
Author's Note:
Short chapter, I know. I just wanted to do something in Odelia's point of view.
I also wanted to thank everyone for their votes and kind comments, they really motivate me to write. Love you all<3