Raven

Adrik left the bedroom with Odelia. The way he had handled her made my skin crawl. I knew it was selfish but I didn't want him touching another woman. My lips formed into a pout.

Adrik and her seemed like they had some sort of history. If only I could hear what they are talking about... No. Bad Raven. Mother always said it wasn't polite to eavesdrop. I huffed.

I could hear them faintly on the other side of the door. Adrik's gruff voice entranced me and I longed to hear what he was saying. I bit my lip. Curiosity got the better of me, and I slowly crawled out of the bed and slipped on the same t-shirt that Adrik had previously stripped off of me.

I looked over at Red who had curled up in the desk chair after Adrik and Odelia left the room. He was snoring softly.

Tiptoeing across the room, I held my ear up to the door. The conversation was much clearer now. Odelia's high-pitched voice sounded out the words, "I love you, Adrik."

A small gasp slipped between my lips. I covered my mouth with my hand.

"And I know you love me too," Odelia continued.

I pulled away from the door, feeling slightly dizzy. I couldn't bear to hear any more. Her words rang in my ears. So that's the kind of history they have together. How come he never mentioned that he already had someone?

My throat felt dry. I stepped further away from the door. Did this mean he was going to reject me as his mate?

Before I could register what just happened, I heard the click of the doorknob. Adrik alone slipped inside the room. I took a step backward, even though my body yearned to move toward him.

He gave me a questioning look.

I parted my lips, wanting to voice my thoughts but nothing came out.

"She won't bother you anymore," Adrik clarified as if that was what was troubling me.

I cast my gaze downward to avoid his eyes. He reached a hand towards mine and I shied away, folding my arms over my stomach and taking another step back.

"Raven, look at me."

I tilted my head back to look up at his tall figure. Even when I'm hurt, I can't ignore his commands.

"Were you listening to us?" He questioned, lifting a brow.

I knew it was wrong but his tone made me feel even worse. I should have never eavesdropped in the first place, but now that I have, my heart won't forget it.

"Do you love her?" I asked quietly.

He seemed taken aback by my question as if I had accused him of something. "What?" He asked.

"I heard her, in the hallway. She had said that you loved her back. Is that true?" My voice started strong but broke with emotion towards the end.

Adrik then started to do something unexpected. He started to laugh. I blinked away the tears that had formed in my eyes. Is this man really laughing at what I just said?

His laughter turned into a hearty chuckle as he looked down at me. The side of his mouth was turned up in a smile, prominently displaying a dimple. The sight instantly made my traitor heart swoon. He swiftly grabbed my wrist, pulling me into his hard chest.

He dropped his head down to mine, pressing his forehead against my own. "After meeting you, I don't think I could love another soul in this world."

He pulled back, "That is unless you were to have my child. But we'll revisit that conversation later." He smirked.