Stay

It's been a week since Pete was moved into the safe house. Trapped in a soundproof room, Vegas would intrude every now and then to leave meals or as expected his daily torture sessions. Over the course of his time Pete had picked up on Vegas' habits. He knew exactly when his father had stoped by the house judging by Vegas' mood or the visible scars on his body.

He would torture him whenever he felt like...or so he thought. However, every fight with his dad, every beating, he came rushing to Pete's room. The room he was kept in was lit ever so dimly, almost darkened from afar. Making anyone inside the room only be able to see each other's faces.

The man would pull on the strong chains holding up Pete, a complex system that had been given a lot of thought. It was quite possible he has kept other victims here, before they had given up from the torture. Pete would even bet some of them found other ways to kill themselves to end the suffering quicker. In the beginning, he was the same, hell he thought it would be better to die then live through this.

Being transferred to the safe house, Vegas' father wasn't supposed to know about Pete's existence. He could have tried to send a signal, scream and shout each time Vegas opened the door to potentially alarm his dad. But that would mean two things;
Being killed by the head of the minor family and Vegas receiving yet another beating.

He wouldn't be surprised if its intensity would cause Vegas to take the day off on bed rest. Pete shook his head, what was he thinking. Why did he care...

He thought about the night before, it was strange but ever since he shared the story about his own father who beat him after every boxing match or once he realized, beating him in general, Vegas' actions were unpredictable.

To be honest, he was still frightened of him but each time he noticed a bruise, a cut, or a mark on the others face. He knew...he knew that if he chose the right words he could be relieved from his misery.

And last night was a sign of that. He had the best meal since his spy mission and his injuries were healing. He felt stronger but surely Vegas would know that, so then why did he heal him? Did he not want him to die, or did he just keep him for a accompany. Pete started to boil up from his thoughts, he pictured his grandma. No, he couldn't die like this-

The door creaked open, the crack allowed a ray of sunlight find its way into the room. The heat of the light caused Pete's skin to shiver wanting more but it was gone once the man shut the door behind him.

The other looked furious, another beating Pete figured. Vegas's hair was ruffled, he was wearing a casual tee and inside both his forearms were fresh red marks.

Pete stood up from the bed, the chains tied up to him falling to the ground as they weren't being tugged yet. In another sense making the others job easier. He looked up at Vegas who paced the room kicking and screaming. Pete kept watching him, putting on a smile but it dropped as soon as the other made eye contact. Their eyes didn't move staying locked as Vegas approached him slowly.

"You like it don't you" he tugged the chains with one arm making Pete's hands go above his head tightly.
"Your eyes tell me you enjoy seeing me upset" Vegas gave him a smirk as he stepped forward.

Pete stayed frozen awaiting the others next move. He kept his mouth shut, saying anything would just make his body weak. To his surprise the other let go of the chains, his hands dropping down in front of him. Vegas put one hand behind his head caressing it and opened his mouth once more to speak.
"Let it out then" he said with a low voice lifting his hand to hold Pete's chin rubbing his thumb against the center.

His heart was beating. Pete gulped but didn't move his eyes away from Vegas's. Their droopy eyes in pain from his father's torture, from being constantly compared, from guilt of his actions, but mostly from