I Wanted to Save You

Vegas carefully put Pete onto the ground from carrying him all the way to the entrance of the house. They were both stunned at the sight of the young boy in front of them.

"Macau, what are you doing here?!" Vegas asked.
"I was worried, dad wouldn't tell me where you are and I figured the only other place would be here." Macau answered in a slightly annoyed tone.
"Let's talk inside."

Vegas sent a look at Pete making the other understand that he wanted to talk to his brother alone. They all went inside, Pete sat on the couch next to the kitchen while Macau and Vegas went into the closest room, leaving a small gap between the door.

"Did anyone follow you?" was the first thing he had asked the younger one.
"No. I'm not stupid" his tone still unbothered as if he has been holding a grudge.
Vegas lifted his hand and flicked his finger at his brothers forehead.
"I'm not buying what you said outside, what is the real reason you are here?"

Macau walked deeper into the room. There was an armchair in the corner and a coffee table to its front. He sat down on the chair putting his hands on his head. He scratched his head a few times before answering the dreadful question.

"I didn't know who else to talk to" he let out a sigh.
"Remember when I told you about that someone at my school?"
Vegas chuckled,
"The one you've been head over heels ever since you started the school year."

"Yea...I found out about a week ago that the person I liked was...related to Porsche" Macau fiddled with his fingers as he let out the truth. He felt his palms become sweaty.

"Porschay?!" Vegas cried.
Macau simply nodded.
"I learned that he was kidnapped because of our family and I instantly remembered how father instructed you to keep an eye on Porsche."

In normal situations Vegas would have been eager to talk about his brother's love problems, but this time it was bad. His brother didn't just come find him to express his heartbreaking feelings for a boy but to let out his anger. This was partially Vegas's fault although he never directly took part in it.

Macau continued to catch on to what his older brother was thinking.
"Phi...tell me honestly, did you order Tawan to kidnap Chay?"
Vegas looked at his brother and saw the worry in his eyes. The boy was worried for his crush but was also angered by the acts of his family.

"Macau, I swear I did not instruct anyone to take Porschay. It was simply supposed to be about Porsche but Tawan thought he could please me by doing so."
Vegas shook his head, it wasn't supposed to come to this. He was fine having others look down on him but not his brother.

No one said anything for a while until Macau spoke up,
"Phi, you really should just get away from here. The main family doesn't need us anymore, even Tankhun seems to be getting his mind back together."
Vegas just listened to the words of his brother sinking them in. His words hurt but he knew it was the truth.

No one needed him, not his father, the main family, even his brother was growing up, soon he did not need his older brother anymore. Macau was even falling in love. The sides of Vegas's face started to pull into a grin.

"When I arrived here I could not find you inside the house. Then, I saw you on the dock...with Pete."

Vegas put his smile away and instantly looked down at Macau after what he'd said. The boy claiming he saw the two made Vegas feel unwary. How much did he see? Did he see them kiss? Did he see him carry Pete? A wave of questions bombarded his head. Macau being the youngest of the family was surprisingly wise as he added the next lines.

"You care for him don't you?"

~~~

Once the brothers were done with their deep conversations Macau left the room leaving Vegas to collect his thoughts, it was a lot to process. He partially felt guilty for his brother's confused feelings and understood his anger.