Reunited

The night of the shooting

"VEGAS!! Stay with me" Pete held onto Vegas's shoulders and shouted as the ER nurses pushed him on the rolling stretcher taking him to the surgery room.
"I'm sorry but you cannot come inside, please stay outside in the waiting room" the nurse had told him.
"But i'm his-"

Pete was caught in the middle of his sentence. His what, there simply wasn't anything but all he wanted to be was by his side. The nurse reassured Pete and he walked over to where she directed, his palms sweaty.

Out in the waiting room were familiar faces that he haven't seen in a while, one of which he never saw before.
"Pete!" the voice calling him out was none other than Porsche. He rushed to his side and gave him a huge hug. The tightness of the sudden embrace piercing some of Pete's scars.

"Kinn told me everything that had happened, that son of a bitch! I hope he comes out of there unable to walk." Porsche was furious his ears burning up from anger. Although Porsche expressed his anger for Vegas and his worry for Pete, the boy couldn't help but feel awkward.

The last time Pete and Porsche were together was when they were battling each other. They did not exactly leave off at the right foot. Plus to make matters worse Pete had fought him at the time because Porsche was escaping...with Vegas. What a turn of events, instead of Porsche Vegas had ended up luring Pete, the very thing he tried to avoid.

Unfortunately the desires of the heart cannot be explained...

Eventually realizing he was squeezing the other to death Porsche let go of Pete.
"Shiaa look at these scars, gosh what did that monster do to you-"
"Porsche." Pete raised his voice, his eyes were super red, all puffed up from crying. His head felt heavy he knew that the moment he sat down he would collapse.

He gazed at Porsche with a stern look, making Porsche intimidated. Pete was his roommate meaning he saw his goofy optimistic side the most. It was true that the night they have fought he was stunned. He hasn't seen Pete in action since the their mission at the casino alongside the minor family. Now, he had the same expression, but this one was different. It was more serious but tender.

"You don't know the whole thing, it's... a long story."
Fortunately, the boys had the entire night to catch up. The two went off to grab something to drink while Pete shared him the details of what really happened.

Meanwhile, Macau just got back from the hospital cafeteria with a sandwich and chocolate milk on a tray.
"Seriously even now you got the time to eat."
The voice belonged to the face that Pete did not recognize, his friend's younger brother, Chay.
"It's called stress eating, besides what am I supposed to do, starve" Macau pleaded.

He sat down on the waiting chairs beside Porschay and munched on his sandwich.
"Oh!" Macau exclaimed as he pulled out a bottle of apple juice from his bomber jacket's pocket and gave it to Chay.
"Got this for you."
Porschay took the drink and smiled.
"Thanks." He opened the cap and took a sip of the drink.

"How do you feel?" he asked Macau, busy gobbling up his food, he paused at the question but then figured it was about his brother.
"Scared but you know my brother, if anything he will never go out with a fight. Most definitely he won't leave me that easily" he chuckled.

Macau was responding with food still in his mouth but Chay was able to make out most of what he had said. He envied his chill composure. He probably would not have been this relaxed if it was Porsche, for sure he would not be able to bring himself to eat without being forced.

After swallowing all of his food Macau's words were more clear,
"What about you, last time we met you seemed to have a lot on your mind?"
Porsche thought about recently. There was two people he was stressed about; his brother and...ugh he didn't even want to think about his name.