001

My heart shuddered at the thought of meeting someone the same as me. I've never had friends, so the idea of having one now was both exciting and terrifying. Me and Papa walked towards the doors of the rainbow room, we entered and there stood a man, his back facing us.

"One? I've brought someone that I'd like you to meet"

One turned to face us. I could tell that he was a lot older than me. I'd been with Papa for three years, how did I know not about him sooner? Are there more children here? He had big bright blue eyes that pierced into my soul. I tightened my grip on Papas hand.

Something about him was wrong, yet so very interesting. I was scared although I wanted nothing more than to get to know him. Maybe it was the emotionless expression on his face or the fact that him and I were the same.

"How about I let you two get to know one another?"

"Yes Papa" Papa shut the doors behind him.

Click...

"Do you wanna use some of the toys?"

"I don't want to play"

The tone of One was deep and bland. He didn't seem very interested in me at all. He turned back around to face the rainbow.

"I've never seen a real rainbow, at least I don't think so...have you?"

"Yes. This one doesn't do them justice"

"Is it true that at the end of every rainbow there's a large pot of pure gold just waiting to be taken? That's what Papa told me"

"That's a lie. Papa seems to be very good at that, lying"

What did he me by that? "P-papa doesn't lie"

One laughed and turned to look at me.

"You know, I thought that you'd be a lot smarter when I first seen you, but you're not. Instead you're naïve and stupid, and gullible"

"Excuse me?"

"You heard me, I've been here a lot longer than you Zero, I am much stronger than you will ever be"

"You have no idea just how strong I really am"

"Oh really? Show me"

"N-no P-Papa wouldn't-" my throat tightened as One held his hand towards me crushing my neck. I gasped for air but I was unable to breath any of it in. "S-stop it!"

"Make me" he smirked as he said this. I could tell he enjoyed my pain. Where was Papa? Why wasn't he helping? After all he knew I wasn't able to use my powers after the accident. I could only see my memories but I'd failed all the other tests.

"P-PAPA!" My feet lifted from the ground and it felt as though I was being hung by invisible ropes.

"If you're so strong then show me!"

"P-please stop!" But the grip only tightened. Was One trying to kill me? Had Papa planned for this to happen?

Yes. That is exactly what was happening. Papa must have known that One would kill me. And it wasn't as if I was important, after all I had made no progress over the past three years, so I suppose it only made sense for him to discard of me. One was correct about one thing, Papa did lie. But he was wrong about something, he's not stronger than me.

Papa lies, but so do I. I do remember what happened that night in the forest. I only told Papa what I wanted him to hear, but I never told him the truth.