I'm Eleven

He orders everyone in the room that they need to leave immediately and all of them do. He comes back to us in the storage room and grabs a large yellow t shirt from behind him and hands it to her, he looks at me.

"You want one too?"

"N-no I like what I'm wearing"

He then beckons us to come out and sit at one of the tables. I can hear my stomach growling at me for not eating in so long.

I look over to the girl realising that I don't even know her name.

"Hey, what's your name?"

"I'm Eleven"

"No silly, what's your real name? I'm Anya"

"That's nice name...I don't have name like that"

"Oh...it's okay! Anyways Eleven is a lot nice that Zero!"

Her eyes go wide and she shuffled away from me slightly.

"Z-zero...but Papa said that there isn't"

"Do you really believe him after everything" she shakes her head.

"Also, what where the other children like! And do you know what happened the first time all those alarms went off, Papa told me that something went wrong with the alarm system but I didn't believe that..."

"Erm...n-no I don't remember, but the other children were bad"

"What happened to them?"

"I-I can't remember"

"Oh...that's okay!"

The guy comes back with two trays of food. There's fries and something else that I don't quite know yet...

I grab the fries and stuff my face and Eleven follows. They're delicious, I've never eaten anything this good in my entire life. I then picked up what seemed to be bread stuffed with something rather strange. Regardless I ate it and it was even better that the fries! The flavour bursted in my mouth.

The man sat there watching us with his brows furrowed.

"Jeez...your parents forget to feed you?"

I look up at him and then continue to eat not wanting to give away any information.

"Is that why you ran away?"

We keep eating...

"They uh...they hurt you?"

We keep eating and eating...

"You went to the hospital you got scared you end up here, is that it?..."

We both looked up at him in sync at the mention of hospital. He then grabbed our plates and food...

"Look I'm gonna take this for now but I'll give it back and you can have as much as you want, he'll I'll even get you some ice cream...but first you've gotta answer some of my questions, alright?"

I nod desperately wanting my food back.

"Let's start easy then...my names Benny" he then lifts his hand to Eleven and begins shaking it.

"A handshake!"

He looks at me confused...

"Yeah, you want one too?"

"Uh okay"

We shake hands, I've never shaken hands with anyone but I know that it's an action that you do with your bestest friends.

"What's your names?"

Neither of us answer, worried that if we tell him our names then he'll tell someone else and we might get sent back to the lab.

He drops his hand slightly nudging Eleven's arm revealing her number. He puts his hand to his mouth confused.

"Eleven...what's that mean? What does that mean??"

"No"...her voice is slightly shaken and is very quiet.

"Well I'll be dammed...the little one speaks! No? No what?"

Eleven stays silent.

"Okay I guess no more food for either of you!"

"Eleven! Eleven" she says this pointing to herself.

"That's her name...Eleven and I'm Zero"

Eleven shoots me a look of concern but I smile at her warmly trying best not to give anything else away, I thought that maybe if I used my number too it would seem less suspicious.

He walks away and goes to the phone and starts talking but I can't quite hear what he's saying.

"You don't think he call Papa?"

"N-no, I hope not..."

"What do we do if Papa comes here"

"We run, just like we did before"

"Also...how come you have that on your head?"

"What? My hair?"

"Y-yes"

"Well I'm not sure, but he never tried to cut it off"

"Oh...will I get hair?"

"Yeah it'll grow back! But if I'm honest you kinda suit it...it's cute"

She smiled at me sheepishly. I felt so bad for her, she seemed so young and innocent. Although I suppose I seemed innocent even after killing people. Which made me wonder what Eleven had done for Dr Brenner to take her in...

We continued to eat trying to find some peace but the most annoying fan was screeching and scratching making it extremely hard to stay calm. It suddenly stopped and I turned to Eleven who was still looking at the fan, she looked back at me.

"What? It was really annoying!" We both giggled.

"Hey Eleven, how did you break the door? The one that was keeping me trapped. I've tried to open that door for years and it didn't budge...how did you do it?"

"I wanted to save you. So I thought about it and I did, I saved you"

"Just like that huh?"

"Yes"

"I don't think I got the chance to thank you, you have no idea how much all of this means to me...to be free again so thanks a lot Eleven"

"Your welcome!"