Ice cream

Eleven is very strange. Not in a bad way I'm not insulting her, I'm just confused, she's very confusing you see. But I don't want to ask too many questions since she's still young and I can't imagine what she's been through...or I can. After all I'm sure we shared very similar experiences in the lab.

What's even stranger is that she doesn't seem neither happy or sad about escaping she's just...fine I guess. There doesn't seem to be anything that she actually wants to do, I have many things I want to do! I've always wanted to go to school...my teacher told me about it saying that she teaches me the same way normal teachers would teach normal children outside.

I want to have friends! And many! When I was a bit younger and still in the lab I made my own friends with my mind. I suppose even before the lab I didn't have many friends. I always thought that you had to be someone pretty to have many friends and I suppose I didn't fit into that category. But we were younger back then and I think now that I've aged I'd have a good chance of getting friends. Maybe even someone more than a friend...like Charlie.

My throat catches at the thought of him and my heart aches at what we could of had. Was he still in the lab? Was he even alive? What Dr Brenner had done was monstrous, disgusting and vile. Charlie was a good person and it's all my fault that what happened...happened.

Eleven perks up at me with a frown.

"You sad?"

"Oh...no Um I'm just lost in thought that's all"

"Lost in thought?"

"Im thinking about stuff...and I suppose I got a bit lost by thinking?"

"Are you found now?"

"Hahah yes! I'm found don't worry!"

She smiles at me warmly and I start to think that maybe me and her might get along quite well, maybe even we could be considered as friends.

"Hey you two! Come in here I've got ice cream"
Elevens eyes light up with joy even though I'm sure she hasn't got a clue what ice cream is...neither do I, I think it's a dessert?

We go into the kitchen and Eleven sits up on the desk while I stand and Benny brings out a huge tub of ice cream and opens it to reveal a smooth pink thing and hands it to me.

"Ow! Ow! Take it back it hurts! Why's it so cold! My hands!!!"

"Haha...Sorry kid I guess I thought you could have guessed it was cold from the name..."

"Ohh...ice cream, ice!"
I take it back from him feeling the cold nip my hands but this time less worried. He hands us both a spoon and Elevens eyes are full of wonder.

I let her take the first spoonful. She looks up at me with the happiest face I've ever seen! Her smile was huge... "it's so amazing! You must try! Now!"

I take a huge spoonful and shove it in my mouth.
"It's delicious!...but...OW MY HEAD! Help!"

"Uh oh! You got brain freeze...sorry I forgot to warn you! Next time take a smaller scoop and that won't happen"

Benny laughs at me as I hold my head in pain and even Eleven starts to giggle at me scooping more and more ice cream into her mouth.

He turns to Elven... "you like that ice cream huh?" And she smiles at him...

"A smile looks good on you!"

Although I don't think Eleven knows what a smile even means which explains the change of expression on her face...

"You know...a smile?" He then awkwardly smile at her showing an example and she giggles at his smile, even I giggle too until there's a knock in the distance...me and Eleven shoot each other a concerned look and we both look at Benny worried...

"It's all right! Whoever it is I'll just tell them to go away real quick, no need to worry!"

He walks away to the door and I can't help but still feel this sickness and worry...Benny didn't warn us that anyone was coming.

I have the most unsettling feeling as he opens the door to a woman. I look at Eleven...and whisper,

"Hey...get ready to run"

"W-why?"

"I have a bad feeling about this..."

"But Benny"

"He'll be fine"

She just nods and we continue to listen although I could quite hear them so I tell Eleven to wait there as I try to get a bit closer...they both start walking towards the kitchen and Benny catches my eye and smiles but then drops to the floor with the sound of a gun shot.

I look up an there is a smaller woman who points a gun in my direction.

"Hello there Zero!"

"ELEVEN RUN!"

"Oh no you don't!"

I run after eleven and feel the woman shoot me in my leg trying to slow me down. I Fall to the grown with a sting of pain in my leg. But get back up as the wound starts healing and the woman looks at me in shock and I smile.

I never did tell Dr Brenner about that...the fact that I can heal no matter what. I can feel the bullet slowly pushing its way back out of my leg. The door behind the woman opens again and reveals Dr Brenner. Shit. I run towards Eleven and she's facing to men with guns. We both look at each other.

And then we work as a team, I take down the guy on the left and she takes the right. I simply snap his neck since it's quicker and she does the same and we run towards the forest as fast as we can.

We find ourselves running deeper and deeper in the forest and I look back.

"Hey Eleven I think we can stop running. I don't think they're after us"

"Your leg bleeding"

"Oh it's nothing don't worry about it...it was Dr Brenner"

"Dr Brenner?"

"Oh, Um Papa"

"Oh...I don't think Benny is fine"

"Yeah neither...he was so kind"

"Yes I liked him very much"

"Me too, but what if he was the one that called Papa?"

"No...I don't think he would"

"Yeah, your probably right"