Chapter IV: Scavenger Hunt.. Riiiight..

"Hey! Can you lot hear me?!" Harmonia hollered from the bottom of the well. The wooden bucket had broken, but her fall was roughly broken by a large pile of coins. "There's more coins down here! I can bring another up if y'all would just help me!"

The only thing that greeted the acorn was silence.

"Hey! D-Don't go ignorin' me!"

Still, all she could hear was birds chirping in the distance. With a huff of defeat, Harmonia considered simply resigning in the well until someone came to her rescue, but she couldn't let down the princess like that. Could she?

I shouldn't even be thinkin' about this. For all I know, they could be in trouble while I'm no one's help at the bottom of a well!

The question was.. how could she get up? Staring aimlessly at the well's walls, she was at a loss at what to do. Solving things had never been her speciality, but she would have to get creative whether she liked it or not.

An idea in mind, Harmonia placed a sap trap beneath her, standing directly on top of it. She grabbed a coin, folding over her leaf a bit to secure it. She jumped as high as she could and activated the sap trap. Rocketing upwards due to the small blast, coins flew everywhere from from beneath.

Harmonia nearly reached the top, but fell slightly short. "No, no, no!" she yelped upon falling back down. The coin slipped out of her grasp. She ended up crashing into the wall in front of her.

Her leaves made contact first, and Harmonia shut her eyes tightly. When she didn't feel the blunt pain one feels when hitting a wall, she cracked her eyes open to see that she was vertically sticking to the wall!

"How—" She looked down at her leaves to see that they had a sticky substance coated on them. It seemed to be a thick layer of sap, she noticed.

Is this supposed to be my Core Ability? Sticking to things with sap? Eh.. good enough.

With a glimmer of hope, Harmonia was able to take control of the sap so she could freely walk up the wall.

Climbing out of the well, she was stunned to see Aureate unconscious with Pea frantically shaking her.

"Princess! Princess! Wake up! I'm sorry for landing on you!" Pea was saying. "Please don't be dead!"

"What happened here?!" Harmonia demanded upon arriving. "Harmonia! You're out of the well!" He sharply turned to face her.

"Yeah, no thanks to you," the acorn retorted. "Speaking of you, did ya harm the princess?"

"No! W-Well, not purposefully, at least.." Pea stammered. "We were attacked by those roses from earlier. One of them sent us in-into the air. S-She ended up breaking my fall!"

"If you're tellin' the truth, then we gotta get her to a healer as soon as possible!" Harmonia said. "What about the test?" Pea asked.

"That's what you're worryin' about right now? And here, I thought you cared about the Princess."

Insulted, Harmonia took note of the anger now plain on his expression. "I'm just saying we should split up! One of us take her to the infirmary, while the other keeps collecting the items!" the peashooter insisted, his nervous stutter gone.

So he does know how to stand his ground.

Before Harmonia could reply, there was a furious roar in the distance, so loud, it seemed to shake the earth beneath them.