Chapter 5

I got out of the car I "borrowed" looking around this place.

Mystic Falls.

It seemed that it was a quiet town. A family-friend place.

But I knew better than anybody that looks are always perceived. I can feel the magic radiating from the ground. This town is a supernatural hotspot. A beacon for magic. Which I find funny because there was once a no magic barrier around the entire town.

Supernaturals really love to gossip about this town.

I recalled all the stories I've heard about this town as I was walking around town square.

Brothers falling in love with the same girl.

The first brothers being my father and uncle with Tatia.

The next being the Salvatores falling for a Miss. Katherine Pierce.

Then history repeating itself, the Salvatores falling for another Petrova doppelganger.

I rolled my eyes thinking about the latest Petrova.

I heard stories about this girl. Elena Gilbert. A girl who lost everyone she loved at one point in her life. The girl who was put through an awful lot when she was barely an adult. I do feel for her.

But everybody has a sob story.

She was also the girl who was manipulative but used an innocent facade. She fell in love with both Salvatores but refused it every single time it was brought up.

She was following in the footsteps of her previous doppelganger but Katherine owned what she was doing.

I came across the place I was to meet Alaric at. The Mystic Grill.

"They couldn't come up with a better name?" I mumbled to myself as I walked in the joint.

I walked inside to see people sitting around, chatting, laughing, living their normal everyday life. This place looks like the typical hangout spot, which should have been obvious since it was a small town.

I looked around and found Alaric sitting at the bar. I shook my body a little to raise my confidence. With that, I raised my head and strode over to the bar because if there was one thing I learned from being a mikaelson, fake it till you make it.

I sat in the seat next to Alaric and looked over at him.

"When you told me to meet you here, I didn't think you would be one to offer a minor a drink." I commented.

I saw him shake his head then turn to me.

"Yeah, well, I'm not. It's not very professional of me to offer a future student a drink." He told me, while getting up. Walking towards a booth, to which I followed him, "I was just passing time because you never told me when you were getting here."

"Yeah, well, I almost turned around with how much driving I had to do." I told him, sitting across from him, grabbing a menu looking at the options. Which wasn't much.

"Anyway, what made you change your mind?" He looked over at me, raising an eyebrow.

"Your persuasion, you were very adamant on me joining your school of weirdos."

He gave me a look which would relate to "seriously?".

"What? It's true." I answered innocently.

He rolled his eyes and shook his head.

"Also, didn't I tell you not to call super late?"

"Well, sorry grandpa, I forgot about your bedtime." I rolled my eyes at him looking back at the menu.