Chapter 19

Everybody gaped at who they saw.

She was awake.

Aspen/Andromeda was awake.

They would figure the name thing out later.

Stefan was the first to react. He ran at the girl and engulfed her in a hug. She smiled at Stefan and hugged him back.

He kissed her like his life depended on it and she happily returned it.

Alaric smiled that she was ok but he was getting an off feeling about her. Something wasn't right. Something felt wrong.

When they finally released from the hug Stefan looked into his lover's eyes and saw they weren't the usual sparkling brown. They ones that reminded him of a warm cup of hot chocolate on a cold snowy day. No, instead they were darker, and had a tint of blue to them.

He took a step back from her.

She smirked.

"What's the matter my love, is something wrong?" Feigning confusion.

She turned and looked at everybody in the room, her friends, her family.

She took a good look at each Mikaelson. They all looked the same but the amount of grief in their eyes brought joy to Aspen.

"Well I'll be damned. The Mikaelson's and the Mystic Falls gang in the same room again? This has got to be a monumental time right? I mean come on, the last time this happened you were trying to kill each other."

Everybody's face had a different reaction but all had the underlying look of confusion.

Especially Hope.

When she thought she was going to be reunited with her sister it would be more joyous, that the two of them would hug each other with a bear's grip and never let go again.

But instead it seemed like she had a shell of her sister.

She felt an energy in the room, a bad one, an evil one.

All the witches present did.

Bonnie looked at Aspen and couldn't figure out what was happening.

She felt sorry for the girl and had great sympathy for her. She had witnessed what she was battling in her head and couldn't imagine how that was.

Her only fear right now was that what she was fighting had won.

Aspen looked around the room, taking into account everybody's faces.

"Well, this is boring, I thought you guys were more fun." She replied, looking around at them.

Stefan looked at her. He was confused, hurt, and upset. "What happened Aspen? Bonnie said that-"

"Ah yes, the helpful and selfless Bennet witch, thanks for trying by the way. It was a waste of time and I probably could've been a little bit stronger if you hadn't come but you know it's whatever." She cut off Stefan, looking at Bennet while she finished her statement.

They were taken back by the spitefulness and no emotion in her tone.

Everyone but the Mikaelson's.

They knew exactly what was happening.

They were having a sense of Deja vu but this time it was with the other daughter.

Hope started to walk closer to her sister when her mother put her hand on her shoulder, telling her not to move without words.

Hope however ignored her mother and shrugged her hand off her shoulder. She took a step towards her sister which caught Aspen's attention.

"Andy?" Hope said, praying that she could get through to her.