Chapter 12

She looked different but didnt at the same time.

She looked exactly like her parents.

I couldn't believe that after all these years she was standing right in front of me.

Hope.

I looked over at everybody who was here.

Elijah, Rebekah, Kol, Davina, Freya, Marcel, Keelin, Fin.

Fin? I guess he was back from the dead again.

Then I looked at the remaining two people.

Klaus and Hayley.

My heart leopard in my chest when I saw my biological father.

He may not have raised me but he was still my father. The stories my mother told me were popping up in my head. About the man who did anything to protect his family.

I had been speechless the entire time and I could feel Stefan's eyes on me, seeing if I was alright but I couldn't move. I felt stiff and judging by his face I most likely was.

He nudged me with his arm a little and I snapped out of my little trance. I looked up at him and smiled, nodding my head in a way to reassure him I was fine.

The Mikaelson walked closer to me and my magic felt weird again.

I knew it was the Hollows magic. It was closer to the original target of her plans. I felt my eyes starting to turn the blue color they did when she was still around so I closed my eyes and tried to rub them, facing the opposite direction of the incoming family.

This hasn't happened before and I really need it to get its shit together because I can not afford to show myself right now.

After a few seconds I felt myself getting it under control. I couldn't freak out right now, even though I was but it had to wait until later.

I turned back around to find the Mikaelson's standing in front of the two of us.

"Welcome back to Mystic Falls, majority of you and welcome to the Salvatore School for the Young and Gifted. For the newer people, my name is Stefan Salvatore, headmaster. This right here next to me is one of our most talented and gifted teachers, Ms. Smith." He introduced the both of us.

My nerves were getting to me, especially when I saw everybody's eyes move from him to me. Elijah scares me the most due to him having a recognition in his eyes.

Then I reminded myself who I was, who my parents were and sucked it up. I couldn't let them show emotion. I wasn't a weak and scared little girl.

"Hello, everybody, please, call me Aspen. I'm not old enough to be called Ms. Unlike this man right here" I joked around, pointing to Stefan who only shook his head with a smile. I gained a few laughs from Marcel, Davina, and Rebekah. The rest smiled, then there was Elijah who was still silently watching me like a goddamn hawk.

He was suspicious. He always was. He knew Stefan but didn't know me. I knew how this man worked, I heard of his tell-tales from all around the world.

The famous Elijah Mikaelson. The noble and exceptional one. The man who would always be the best dressed, no matter the temperature of the day.

I knew he was detailing me. What I was wearing, how I talked, body language, and face features.

I looked like my mother and would always be told that when I was younger. I knew I still had some of her face features so I was praying he wouldn't connect the dots.

Whatever god may be up there, for the love of you, please don't let him find out right here, right now, never.

"It's good to see you again, old friend." Klaus spoke as he walked up to Stefan, holding out his hand to shake it.

Stefan seemed hesitant but glanced at me and Hope before shaking it. I knew he was only doing it to be a good sport and the older person. Even though he wasn't the eldest considering the 1000 year old vampires in front of us.

"You must be our newest addition to the school." I spoke to Hope, having to pretend to not know anything of her, except she was the only tribrid known. That was common knowledge but nobody knew her name.

"Yeah, Hi, I'm Hope." She spoke. I smiled at her and looked over at her one more time because I knew it would be creepy if I kept doing it and then I saw she was wearing a bracelet.

I discreetly looked at the bracelet and saw it was the ones we had made together.

We had made friendship/sister bracelets when Hayley went out to get the cures and bring everybody home.

They couldn't be copied again because we each put our middle names on them with a little charm that contained an M.

I panicked just for a second, breathing in deeply, I covered my wrist because to my luck, I was wearing mine right now.

My deep breath had seemed to catch Elijah's attention once more and I was silently cursing him out in my head because of how much he paid attention to detail.

"Well, it is lovely to meet you, Hope. Would you like to start the tour?" I asked her, keeping up my calm façade.

She nodded her head and I turned to Stefan, looking at him and he nodded his head.

"Alright, let's start off in the main room and work our way around." Stefan instructed, leading all of us into the school.

I grabbed his hand out of instinct and we made our way around, doing the tour.

I made them laugh just a little, which wasn't planned but it seems they liked my sarcasm.

We finally made it back towards the office and were going to head in when the twins came out of nowhere, along with Alaric.

Jesus that man appears like a goddamn genie sometimes.

"Hello everybody. I've come to continue this tour and help finalize everything. Aspen, I need you to go help the girls out with cleaning up the kitchen." He spoke to everyone, turning to me with the last bit.

"But, I'm supposed to finish the tour, Ric." I told him mumbling. Which was pointless because they all had supernatural hearing.

"Aspen, Now." He told me in his father's voice, meaning there was no room for any other answer.

I huffed out a breath of air and looked back at the twins before looking at the group in front of me.

"Well, it's time for me to depart. It was so nice meeting you all and Hope, I will be happy to see you in class." I smiled at all of them.

"I will see you later." Stefan mumbled, kissing my forehead. I nodded at him. Turning to Alaric with an angry look before heading to the kitchen with the twins.

I knew I had to get away from the family but this was my first tour and I wanted to finish it up. It was like a milestone that I wanted to complete to the end but Alaric wanted to ruin the fun.

As I walked to the kitchen I felt a pair of eyes on me. I glanced over my shoulder to see Elijah's narrowed eyes, staring at me.

I raised an eyebrow at him then turned around and left with the girls.

What I would find out later was the exact same situation happened to him once before. When he met my mother. He noticed the similarities when he had first arrived but that specific eyebrow raise and brown eyes showed that we had a lot more in common then he thought.

His mind went straight to Klaus' daughter Andromeda that disappeared one day. She was her mothers spitting image when she was a child.

He was wanting to connect dots but he needed a couple more to start the picture.

He needed to find out about the woman who showed his family around the school because he felt something about her. Something that felt familiar.

Something that felt like family

-------------------------------------------------------

Shii 500 reads man. 

Thank you<3

Like and comment too!