Chapter Three

My ears were ringing loudly from the explosion, people were running towards the exit, some were shouting and screaming. The elevators weren't working and a stampede was happening on the stairs.

From my desk where I stood, a bell rang loudly and all emergency doors were open. The only thought that made me run was Jace. I was squeezing through people, running upstairs, looking for Jace.

More explosions were happening and the building was collapsing slowly. I went to every floor looking for Jace but he wasn't there. I couldn't detect his scent because of the smoke.

I was glad that I didn't wear heels today and the dress was free.

Slowly, people exited the building as it collapsed. Finally, on the last floor, I searched the offices but didn't see anyone. I pushed open on the last door and found Jace.

I called Marley immediately and rushed to an unconscious Jace. He was on the floor, bleeding badly with so many cuts. It seemed like he was beaten with a knife. The call got connected and she picked.

"We're on our way". She said instantly.

"The top floor. Hurry". I said and hung up. Then, I crouched down and placed Jace's head on my lap. "Can you hear me, Jace?". No response.

He was out cold. I could still feel his pulse but it was weak. Even when bloodied and injured, he looked handsome.

I felt the building under me collapsing and I prayed that they got her in time.

I felt a whoosh behind me as the door opened. Carina, Marley and Cole were behind me.

"We need to leave before this building comes crashing down". I said and Marley took Jace from me as Carina opened a portal. To my surprise, it was a big one.

I felt the building shaking and with a whoosh, we were in my bedroom.

"Really, Carina? Her bedroom?". Cole questioned.

"Now's not the time, Cole". Marley gave him a look and that seemed to keep him shut.

I went to my bathroom, I took a small towel and soaked it with warm water and then filled a bowl with water. I went back to my bed side and pulled out the first aid kit in the last drawer.

They watched in silence as I cleaned up his wounds and bandaged him up. To my surprise, he was healing quickly. I felt Marley stare holes into my head but I ignored her.

When I was done, I trashed the bloody towel and cotton and then washed my hands.

"He sure looks like the guy I saw yesterday but without the tattoos". Marley said as I walked back into the room and stood by Jace's side. His torn up clothes were discarded on the floor so his toned chest and arms were on full display.

"Stop staring or you'll catch flies". Cole said to Carina and a blush creeped from her neck to her cheeks.

He was hot. I couldn't blame her.

"Seems like he's one of us, Rina, and leave me to appreciate nature". Carina said the last part to Cole.

"You don't appreciate nature when my shirt's off". Cole argued. Marley rolled her eyes.

"He's hotter". Carina smiled.

"You guys should stop with the bickering". Marley huffed. I turned to Carina.

"You seem fine now". She raised her shirt up there was only a scar that replaced the ugly wound.

"Yup, all better now. Thanks to you guys".

"You're welcome". Cole smirked and I sighed.

"I received a call after break but the caller was quiet, a moment passed and a voice said "Boom" then the call got disconnected and an explosion happened right after. More explosions started happening and people were running, the elevators also stopped working". I narrated.