Chapter Nine

Wait! Did I walk in here by mistake?

The king was bowing down to me. I felt the smirk coming but quickly suppressed it when the others bowed down too, including Jace.

"This just got weird". Marley said and I took a step back.

Weird indeed. It was worse than weird. What was I supposed to do? This was surely some kind of joke.

"I'm sorry I didn't do this earlier, Adriana". Jace said. They were still bowing down.

"Why aren't they standing up?". Cole who moved to stand beside me asked. Marley was beside Carina who stood beside me.

"I think she needs to tell them to". Carina said gripping my hand.

"Uh.. you can stand up now". I said, my voice surprisingly strong.

Woah. Where did that come from?

"Dad, she doesn't know what she is yet". Jace said to the king.

"What is happening?". Marley asked.

"Did he just speak to his father?". Cole asked. We were all in shock.

"I am King Rowan. King of Vampires in this realm and the others". King Rowan introduced.

"How did you know my name?". I asked skipping the pleasantries.

"Adriana, listen okay. You are very powerful as it is. We need to explain everything in details to you". Jace said calmly.

I was calm. Why did he sound scared? Suddenly, I could hear their thoughts, I could feel every heartbeat. The breeze blowing softly outside the room. The screams coming from three floors under.

I could hear the blood rushing through my veins. Jace's mouth was moving I couldn't focus on what he was saying. I felt the softness of the carpet under where I stood.

Suddenly, the room was spinning. I tried moving towards the nearest wall but didn't succeed. I fell into Cole before I could move a feet and thankful he caught me.

They all gathered around me. I felt really hot, my teeth ached and I closed my eyes before releasing a loud scream.

The pains all seized after a minute or so and a lady came into view when I opened my eyes. She was saying something but I couldn't hear what she was saying.

Then, a sudden wave of fresh pain hit me. My head was pounding, I felt sweat flow from my head down my face until it drenched my shirt.

I groaned loudly, determined not to scream again like before, my body filled with so much pain, my back arched up and my eyes remained closed.

The pain seized after a while and I was panting, trying to get enough air into my lungs. When I opened my eyes again, Sebastian was hovering above me, he cupped my cheeks into his hands.

He was smiling, saying something I wasn't hearing. His eyes were really soft and as I leaned into his touch, another wave of pain hit.

At this point, I was at the brink of my consciousness. My bones were rearranging on their own, cracking, shift and moving.

I couldn't hold in the scream that left my throat. I didn't realize I was crying until I turned myself, lying on my stomach. I threw up my breakfast and rolled away from it.

When I looked at my hands again and saw paws, that was when my eyes rolled to the back of my head and I passed out.

~*~

"It's been four hours. I think we should wake her up and take her away from here. The vamps won't know". Marley said.

I was now coming back to my senses. I felt sticky hands on mine and immediately knew it belonged to Carina.