Chapter Thirteen

Dinner was happening and it was heated, the people not the food.

Jace was back and his twin was here as well. I noticed that Carina was all over him, laughing at every single word he said and he didn't even say much.

Cole brought his girlfriend and she was a huge bitch. Her name was Eleanor. She was pretty with an hour glass figure, brown shiny hair that she straightened to fall past her shoulders like a curtain.

Her eyes were plain brown, nothing attractive about that. Davina's words not mine.

Marley was the only one who seemed the same. She truly forgave me unlike Cole and Carina. She made small talks with me, asking about Spain and how enhanced I'd become.

Yeah. She was calling me enhanced and I did not like it.

I sat in between Sebastian and Davina, Jace sat across me with Carina and Joaquin- his twin- by his side. Marley took the first head table and Cole occupied the second with his girlfriend on his right.

I caught Jace staring severally and Sebastian wasn't okay with it but he didn't voice out his complaints.

"Are you sure you want to stay here?". Marley asked, her tone sad.

"You're staying?". Sebastian asked, unable to hide his excitement.

"Yes and yes". I said replying the both of them.

"Aw, I thought you'd come back with us". Marley pouted.

"I can't. I need to figure out somethings and probably try to be happy and grounded". I explained.

"We are a family, we aren't supposed to be separated". Cole finally spoke up.

"You all are welcome to stay here". Sebastian added nicely.

"With the pack? No thanks". Eleanor scoffed.

"Sorry but I didn't include to you". Sebastian said, Marley, Davina and Joaquin laughed and she shot them a glare.

"We'll have to talk about this later". Cole said stubbornly, giving me an I-mean-it look.

"Okay". I sighed.

"Sweetheart, you have to take control more often if she gives in with just one look". Eleanor said in a sickly sweet voice.

"If you're trying to get an easy pass into the family, you're just starting". Marley said harshly.

"So what's your definition of hard? If taking care of one of us for a year is an option then Jace passed in flying colors". Carina said with a smirk.

"As much as you'll hate it, Davina and Sebastian also passed in flying colors" Joaquin muttered.

"True that". Marley supported.

"Baby, don't listen to them". Cole said to Eleanor who seemed at the brink of tears.

"Don't bother using compulsion on him, it doesn't work". Marley's snarky comment made the water works begin.

"Mar, that's enough". Cole slammed his cutlery on the table. "You know how emotional she is".

God, she was so fake. How could he not see it?

"Tell me about it, Cole. She's a freaking vampire, she's worse than cold which means no emotions". Marley shouted back.

"Okay. Everyone calm down". I said and the room quieted.

"Wow-".

"Don't even dare, Carina". I glared down at her, shutting her up.