Chapter Seven

It was like my ears were ringing loudly from his words. I felt my cheeks and neck heat up as I adjusted in my seat.

His stare was strong. It didn't make me comfortable or uncomfortable. There was much butterflies in my stomach and the blush increased.

"I like you too, Jace". I felt like a teenager saying those words.

"You shouldn't though. You have a mate". He lowered his eyes.

"Someone I barely know". I retorted.

"Then get to know him. It's how this mating stuff works". He said looking at me, I knew he meant his words.

"What if I don't like him?".

"You will, eventually. You should read about all these. You'll definitely need answers". He replied then stood up. "Goodnight, Ms. Cade".

How so many butterflies can come and go in just two seconds is what I definitely needed answers to.

I sighed.

I'll definitely get over my feelings for Jace if I am destined to love someone else.

~*~

The next few days went by slowly. Jace and I completely ignoring each other except when we got to discuss work. Yeah, he got a new building somewhere not too far from the old location and work had started.

The new building was still being arranged and repainted so we had to work from home. It was almost a week since Jace and I actually spoke and it was killing me.

I was presently working on my laptop in the kitchen, using the breakfast bar as a table. Carina came in and offered me a can of beer which I accepted with a smile.

"We should go out tomorrow". Carina sat opposite me and opened her drink.

"Go where?". I eyed her suspiciously.

"C'mon, Rina. It's your birthday". She whined and Jace walked in.

"Did I hear birthday?". He asked and I looked at the screen of my laptop.

"It's Rina's birthday tomorrow. She doesn't do anything every year but I want us to go out and celebrate. It's time for a change". Carina gushed. She was excited and it wasn't even hers.

"It's my birthday, Carina. I do whatever I want". I stared at her.

"Not this year, Rina. You deserve to be happy". Cole said strolling in with Marley, she looked furious.

"What happened now?". I looked at Cole and he laughed.

"What? We just came in from patrol. We bumped into a few wolves on our way. The same ones we saw yesterday". Cole explained.

Marley was furiously throwing things out of the fridge. She was definitely looking for a drink.

"It's in Rina's room, under her bed". Carina said. Before I could process what was happening, Marley grabbed a glass and made a dash for my room.

"Now, you're hiding rum in my room? Carina, just leave her alone". I sighed.

"So where are we going tomorrow?". Jace asked and I groaned.

"We shouldn't be going out to party or drink. Those wolves are looking for me and the Vamps always show up from thin air". I complained.

These past few day, whenever we left this house, we came across vampires. They wanted nothing but blood and we managed to kick their asses everytime.

Then, yesterday evening when Cole and Marley went for patrol. The wolves demanded my presence be brought to their Alpha.

Marley attacked them after they had an exchange of words and Cole had to drag her away. She always responded with violence everytime. It was a good thing the wolves didn't fight back today.