Chapter Six

What the fuck just happened?

They didn't attack? I killed one of their own and they didn't fucking react. That didn't make sense.

As Carina showered, I told Marley and Cole what happened. I was still covered in mud so I was standing.

"Maybe it's just pure luck". Cole said but Marley shook her head.

"It doesn't make sense, it's not luck either. I think they knew you guys were  probably gonna go back there so they let you guys escape". Marley said, she was making sense.

"The one you threw off the building, did he die?". Cole asked.

"I didn't check and I didn't hear him fall to his death. Maybe he ended up hanging from somewhere". I replied.

"Maybe the one in charge asked the other two to stand down before they got the chance to attack". Cole suggested.

"Okay. We've got ourselves in trouble with the vamps but I figured out that witches do have an alliance with the vamps". Carina said entering the room fully dressed for bed.

"Did you see anything?". I asked her.

"I smelt a few potions when we passed by a cottage. The one the infirmary used to heal us when we got knife injuries from training". Carina explained.

"And you know they have an alliance, how?". Cole questioned.

"The only way witches would agree to live with blood suckers is if they had some sort of agreement". Marley answered.

"That's true but can we talk about this when Rina has showered?". Carina wrinkled her nose.

"I'll go take a shower then go for dinner". I said before leaving the room.

After taking a shower, I padded downstairs to the kitchen. I stopped in my tracks when I saw Jace's back. I hadn't scented him with all those thoughts from earlier today swirling around in my head.

"Nice to meet you too". Jace said not turning back. Seemed like he was drinking something.

I turned towards the fridge before replying. "Any sign of who blew the building down?".

"I'm still working on that. You're endangering your life and that of your friends by going to Vampire territory". I felt Jace turn and I opened the fridge, peeping into it for anything.

"I'm capable of protecting my family, thank you". I pulled out a jug of milk and closed the fridge.

I turned, facing him and I gulped. He was so handsome, I could definitely stare at him all day..

"You seem lost". His voice was hard. I rolled my eyes and put the jug of milk on the counter then I took out a glass cup and poured some milk into it.

"Look, so many things are happening at the same time right now. I think I'm allowed to get a little lost in my thoughts".

"Your mate huh?". He sounded so jealous. I huffed.

"I'm not some kind of possession, Jace".

"Tell me you didn't feel anything for him. His scent, the way you said 'mine' and the way you easily let him take you out of the room. I'm not stupid, Adriana. I know how all these things work". His voice was now a tad bit higher. It was then I noticed the red thick liquid in his cup.

"So what do you expect me to do? Kiss you every night in my bed and just abandon the fact that I have a mate? I'm yet to accept that fact yet, Jace". Now I was getting worked up.

"You know what, figure this out on your own. You wanted to go into pack lands and you got a mate. Went into Vampire territory, got a life threatening warning. There's more danger out there than you know of". And with that, he walked away.