Chapter 1

YOONGI'S POV

I began walking at the hallway with my head down as I don't want any people talking to me. They may think that I'm a loner or a weirdo but I don't really care about their words. The only thing that matters to me is my grades and how to get out of this university.

I sighed once again as I opened our room. "Mr. Min! You're one minute late! But it's alright since it's the first day of school hehe." Miss Yin said as I smiled at her words. She was always understanding.

I went to my seat, never made an eye contact to anyone. Not that I'm scared, I just don't want to talk to anyone. I don't trust them. I don't want to go back to the days I was struggling because my friends left me.

Miss Yin began teaching as I listened carefully because I'm sure she will give a surprise quiz again.

"So who's going to give me the meaning of Scientific Theory?" She asked and waited for an answer. As I was about to raise my hand... A student barged in and he looks like he's about to run out of breath.

"Holy shi- Sorry, ma'am! I'm late! I bumped into this weird girl and kept asking for my number." He explained with his hand on his chest. When he raised his head... It was a boy with crescent eyes, has plump lips... Why am i describing him lol.

I saw Miss Yin puts her palm on his head and massages it. "Before you sit down, answer my question first. Can you tell me the meaning of Scientific Theory?" Miss Yin crossed her arms and smirked.

The boy with crescent eyes stood up straight and cleared his throat. "A scientific theory is a tested and accepted explanation of why things happen... it is knowledge that has been through rigorous testing and found to be a reliable explanation of a phenomenon." He answered confidently. The answer is correct to my surprise.

Miss Yin was surprised and let out a cough. "You can introduce yourself now since you're new here."

The boy with crescent eyes faced us as he bowed down as a sign of respect.
"Hello! My name is Park Jimin. 18 years old! M-" his words were cut off by a student.

"WHAT ARE YOUR HOBBIES, HANDSOME?? ANY SPORTSSS??"

"Well, my hobbies are writing stories. And yes, I do play sports. In fact, I'm an athletic in my former school."

"Why did you move here, then?" I asked bluntly. What the fuck... Did i just really asked that?

"It's kinda personal hehe." I furrowed my eyebrows. Is his reason that deep that he can't answer my question?

"Oppa, what are your sports then?" A girl asked. "ARE YOU STRAIGHT, OPPA?" The girl added but her pitch went higher.

Crescent eyes chuckled. "I play basketball and football. And yes, I'm straight." The girls squealed as I rolled my eyes.

"Okay, okay. That's enough ladies! Park Jimin, please go sit beside Min Yoongi." I rolled my eyes and raised my hand for him to see me.

He smiled and went to his seat. "So your name's Yoongi, huh?"

"Did you know the latin word of Yoongi is 'Shut the fuck up'. Have you heard that saying?" I snarled.

I heard him chuckle. "Oof okay smartie pants."

AFTER SCHOOL

"Ugh. I hate walking." I mumbled to myself as I hugged myself because it's cold. "I should've worn a jacket. How stupid of m-" I suddenly stop mumbling when I sensed footsteps behind my back.

I held my bag tighter as I walked faster. I heard the footsteps go faster as well. Fuck fuck fuck. Someone's following me. I ran as fast as I can.

Next thing I knew, I hit a hard thing that nearly made me fall but the person was too quick to catch me.
Shit, it was not a 'thing'. I raised my head to see 'who' it was. It was crescent.

"Is this guy bothering you, Yoongi?" He asked. I came to my senses when I realized someone was following me earlier. "Y-Yes! H-he's following me!" I answered and grabbed Jimin's shoulders.

Jimin puts me on his side, his arm in front of me, gesturing me to go behind his back. "Is there a problem, sir?" He asked, furrowing his eyebrows.

"How many times do I have to tell you, Mr. Min! Pay your fucking rent or I'll burn your things in my apartment!" I cursed at myself. It was the Landlord.

"Watch your words, Sir. How much is his rent? I'll pay it." He said that made me widen my eyes and push Jimin. "No! What are you doing??!" I shouted.

"Paying your rent, dumbass. Are you comfortable to walk on the streets with an old man following you just because you didn't pay rent??!" He shouted too. I saw him get his wallet inside his pocket.

"Here, that should be enough." He pulled my wrist as we left the man there. "T-Thank y-you." I mumbled. "Get your things in your apartment. You're staying at my house."

"Bitch i barely know you." I said

"Oh, are you not comfortable around me?" He asked while furrowing his eyebrows. "It's okay, you can tell me. I might understand your situation."

"I-I... Can you please take me home?"

"If you can't pay rent again. What do you think he'll do to you next, huh? What if he will do something bad?" I lowered my head to ignore his questions. "Where's your apartment?"

"There."

"Seriously? We're just neighbors!"

This is definitely my worst day.