Chapter 3

Akshara

6:55 am. Thank God I'm on time!

Akshara looks up at the sky and thanks her stars as she stands outside the building of Birla Group of Industries...

As she walks inside the building, she senses Abhimanyu's presence and a second later, he crosses her to reach the elevator...

Abhimanyu steps inside and before Akshara can react, he gives her a devilish smile and closes the door as the lift ascends to his floor...

Akshara is left shocked and angry...

She waits a minute for another lift but she realises that its already 6:57!

She rushes to the staircase and takes a deep breath before running up 12 floors.

By the 8th floor, she is completely exhausted and its already 7. 

She takes a sip of water and starts running again. 

As she reaches Abhimanyu's cabin drenched in sweating and panting heavily, he revolves around in his chair and taps hi watch...

"You're late Miss Goenka, again!" He speaks angrily.

"I was on time" Akshara stares at him. 

"Doesn't seem like that to me" Abhimanyu ignores her stare and hands her a file...

"Here are the details of the things that I need ready before the meeting...you have 55 minutes to prepare, I want no mistakes whatsoever" he dismisses her.

As walks out of his office, angry and humiliated, she throws her bag on her desk outside his office...

She takes a deep breath and starts making calls to get all the arrangements done...

A sudden tap on her desk breaks her momentum...

"Hey new girl, is Abhimanyu Sir in there?" A tall, slender girl looks at her with clear disgust...

"Akshara" 

"What?" 

"My name is Akshara. And I would appreciate it if you ask your question again and this time, using my name" Akshara bats her eyes and gives her a fake smile. 

The woman clenches her fist "You don't want to mess with me on your first day Akshara" she stresses on the name "or it might become your last" she says and walks inside the cabin...

Abhimanyu

Abhimanyu smiles as Akshara's reaction on being called a late comer comes to his mind... He realises that irritating and embarrassing her was actually fun for him... 

As he throws away her thoughts and starts to focus on his work, he hears a knock at the door and Soumya, the Marketing Head walks in...

"Good Morning Sir" she greets him with much enthusiasm...

Abhimanyu has been noticing Soumya for the past few months. While she has been dropping subtle hints that she's interested in him, she has never given him a solid reason to fire her. Plus, she's good at her work and so he bears her. 

"I didn't know we have a meeting scheduled" he mutters.

"No sir, actually I wanted to discuss-" 

"I have more important things to do right now" he dismisses her "and next time, coordinate with my secretary before barging into my office unannounced" he says in a calm, angry tone" 

"Sorry sir" she whispers and walks out. 

Abhimanyu dials the intercom and ten seconds later, Akshara walks in...